How Many 'Formal' and "Semi Formal" Dinners

ionsys

are there on a 12 night cruise on say Brilliance or Legend?

trying to compare with Celebrity which is 3-3 and rest Casual.

My guess is 2-2 and rest Casual on RCI but not sure

ALSO--might the dress attire on Formal nights be more flexible on RCI as opposed to Celebrity?--(eg wife might wear nice pant suit on RCI but not on Celebrity)

I can't answer the questions about the numbers.

However, after three cruises on RCL, I have seen many woman wear nice pant suits on formal night and fit right in. My wife was one of them and she received many compliments on her outfit.

I think the dress code on RCL is very minimally enforced. I have seen many woman in jeans and nice tops. Not my idea of formal, but to each thier own I guess.

I have also seen men in shorts and collar free shirts. I don't let what others wear hamper my enjoyment.

Hope this helps.

Dave

ALSO--might the dress attire on Formal nights be more flexible on RCI as opposed to Celebrity?--(eg wife might wear nice pant suit on RCI but not on Celebrity)

My mother wore a very nice pantsuit on Celebrity twice and looked just fine with the rest of the crowd.

You'll have 2 formal, 3 smart casual, and the rest casual evenings. The smart casual and casual are so similar, that it won't really matter. Few men wear jackets on the smart casual evenings, and you'll find the women will dress a step above casual on most nights! Capris, heels, nice top, are the uniform of the day. Skirts are also big hits.

On formal nights (especially on the longer cruises), folks WILL be dressed up! Tuxes and suits are prominent for men. Gowns and cocktail dresses for women. There will be some women in evening pants and sparkely tops.

They won't turn you away, unless you're totally inappropriately dressed, but you may feel "out of place" if you don't follow the guidelines.

Archived