Excursion price change

Karysa

Would probably depend on the childs age once onboard. Also excursions can change. If a childs age is wrong on a prereserved excursion, they would have every right to change it once onbaord to reflect the correct age at that time.

No, but I've had the reverse - the "reserved price" is for an adult, but actual charged price is for a child.

I booked a couple of excursions for our NCL cruise next March. DD was 14 at time of cruise booking and will be 15 at the time of the cruise, DTD's were just shy of their 12th birthday and will be 13 at the time of the cruise. They were charged children's prices and DH and myself were charged adult prices. The NCL website states that "Participants under the age of 13 pay child prices and participants 13 years of age and older pay adult prices (unless otherwise noted). It saves us about $150.00 and actually makes the excursions cheaper for us then private excursions that charge adult fares for anyone over the age of (I have seen everything from 9-12).

I am just wondering if anyone has had children's prices bumped up on board.

Karysa

I booked a couple of excursions for our NCL cruise next March. DD was 14 at time of cruise booking and will be 15 at the time of the cruise, DTD's were just shy of their 12th birthday and will be 13 at the time of the cruise. They were charged children's prices and DH and myself were charged adult prices. The NCL website states that "Participants under the age of 13 pay child prices and participants 13 years of age and older pay adult prices (unless otherwise noted). It saves us about $150.00 and actually makes the excursions cheaper for us then private excursions that charge adult fares for anyone over the age of (I have seen everything from 9-12).

I am just wondering if anyone has had children's prices bumped up on board.

Karysa

On a cruiseship, you are the age you are on the FIRST day of sailing, not the day of booking. I book cruises up to 18 months in advance, my kids would be completly different ages. So when you book excursions, you figure the age they are ON the sailing...not the booking.

Think about it, ever go to Walt Disney World. They ask you the "age of the child upon arrival" when you purchase advanced tickets. They don't care that my child was 2 when I bought them, if they are 3 when we get there, we pay the full price.

On a cruiseship, you are the age you are on the FIRST day of sailing, not the day of booking. I book cruises up to 18 months in advance, my kids would be completly different ages. So when you book excursions, you figure the age they are ON the sailing...not the booking.

Think about it, ever go to Walt Disney World. They ask you the "age of the child upon arrival" when you purchase advanced tickets. They don't care that my child was 2 when I bought them, if they are 3 when we get there, we pay the full price.

Yes, I totally agree with everything you and the other poster said. So should I assume that since my oldest was 14 at the time of the booking that at least my, to be 13 year olds will be considered children since my 14 year old (at time of booking) was given the children's price and maybe they will charge my oldest as an adult when she cruises next year since she will be 15?

Just thought that someone may have had a similar experience with NCL, and yes I posted the question on that board as well. Thanks for any help on this. It will not make a difference as to what excursions we will go on, I am just curious?

Karysa

Yes, I totally agree with everything you and the other poster said. So should I assume that since my oldest was 14 at the time of the booking that at least my, to be 13 year olds will be considered children since my 14 year old (at time of booking) was given the children's price and maybe they will charge my oldest as an adult when she cruises next year since she will be 15?

Just thought that someone may have had a similar experience with NCL, and yes I posted the question on that board as well. Thanks for any help on this. It will not make a difference as to what excursions we will go on, I am just curious?

Karysa

Wait, I think I am confused...lol. So the website allowed you to book the children at the child's price? Do you prepay for the excursions, meaning the credit card is charged before you board?

Put it this way, if the NCL site allowed you to purchase the kids tickets under the child's price (and it didn't block you out, like other cruise site I've dealt with) then take the gift and run :D

I guess I have 2 questions, does it block you if you try to say, buy an adult ticket for the kids? And does it charge your credit card right away?

Wait, I think I am confused...lol. So the website allowed you to book the children at the child's price? Do you prepay for the excursions, meaning the credit card is charged before you board?

Put it this way, if the NCL site allowed you to purchase the kids tickets under the child's price (and it didn't block you out, like other cruise site I've dealt with) then take the gift and run :D

I guess I have 2 questions, does it block you if you try to say, buy an adult ticket for the kids? And does it charge your credit card right away?

This is our first cruise with NCL so the way they do it is new to me as well. I will try to explain what happened. After I booked the cruise I checked the shore excursion website and decided on which excursions I wanted to book. I only saw the adult price and figured that our 13 and 15 year olds would probably be charged adult rate. This weekend I noticed that I could now book the excursions for next March (they were not available yet in February). When I clicked my name it came up adult - $89.00 and when I did my twins they both came up as child - $59.00 give or take a dollar but the one excursion was $30.00 more for adults then children. I did not click on child or put in any ages, I simply clicked on my name and on their names. Then when I did the same for my husband and 14 year old (2 different side by side rooms, therefore 2 different booking numbers) my DH was an adult price and DD was a child's price. No ones age or Mr. Ms. ect were on the page just our first and last names. From what I have gathered on the NCL board there is no way to pre-pay for excursions. One could probably add $ to their account but not for shore excursions in particular. Anyway, just wondering about other peoples experiences regarding shore excursions on NCL.

Karysa

I should probably add that now when I go into the reservations it shows our chosen excursions. So I guess that this is the confirmation as to what you intend to purchase. Now I am even making myself confused.:confused::)

Karysa

Here is what I have found out so far on the NCL board. A couple of posters said that they to have had this experience and at least one of them tried to challenge the added $ to no avail. On board they told her that as per NCL shore excursion website children 13 and up pay adult prices. From what I can gather some of their children were older than 13 when they booked the cruise. My issue with that statement from NCL is that there website also states that "Participants 13 years of age and older pay adult prices (unless otherwise noted)." To me if they quote you child rates for your teen like I have posted in earlier posts then that is (unless otherwise noted) as far as I am concerned. If NCL knows about this and they leave thier website as is then that is false advertising.

Karysa

Archived