Cappuccinos, Neptune, & Bathrobes . . .

lawyerrose

Actually for the most part the average poster who comes here occasionally and prepares for an upcoming cruise really had/has no idea of cheerleaders or gangs. Truthfully it does not effect anyones enjoyment of the cruise, when we turn off our computer at night we are back in the REAL world and life happily goes on. For me posting on CC HAL board is part of my Hobby/Passion of cruising and cruising on HAL. Mostly any excitement or drama that happens here on CC is just good conversation between my husband and I during the evening meal:D

Now the Yum Yum Man, let me try to give you the short version;) The Yum Yum Man is one of the crew members on a HAL ship that rings the chimes to tell you it is time to go to the Dining Room for Dinner and when you leave the Dining Room after diiner he is handing out mints, figs and ginger. About a year ago right now one of our CC members came up with the cute idea to name a cruise The Yum Yum Man Worshippers. The group grew quickly and to be over 70 plus people that cruised together and had the time of our lives on the Oosterdam this past February. We are doing it all over again February 14th 2009. You are definitely welcome to email me and I can give you more details. But it truly was the most fun I have ever had in a 7 day period:D

Now this was a surprise... I had the impression that there may have been a "cheerleading gang" prowling the seas worshipping men that they found delicious.... Or something like that... :D :D :D

Now this was a surprise... I had the impression that there may have been a "cheerleading gang" prowling the seas worshipping men that they found delicious.... Or something like that... :D :D :D

I think I saw that movie at my cousin's bachelor party......;)

Well, I certainly don't seem to fall into either of the "groups"; either cheerleader or gang (although I truly love HAL!) I'm surprised that this post turned out the way it did. Half the time I post something and it's completely ignored. [ok, maybe not half the time, but a few times] I thought maybe I just wasn't one of the "in" crowd - and probably am not - who gets anything they post recognized.

I do seem to get my posts taken the wrong way sometimes. Maybe it's my blunt style.

But, in the end, it's fun to have folks to share anticpating and experiencing a cruise. It's almost part of the cruise experience for me now. And, gosh, I've learned SO MUCH by reading these boards and occasionally asking questions!! I appreciate everyone who's responded to my post (well, except the rude ones). Though maybe what comes off as "rude" is just how someone writes. I just may be the medium when someone doesn't mean it that way at all.

After all this, I'm sure either me or my DW will slink out in our lovely HAL robes for our morning cappuccinos; but we'll make it as fast as we can and certainly not hang out in the NL in our jammies.

Now, if I could just find some Pincochle players . . .

am glad u posted.. it was an interesting subject!! :)

Nice to get into a good discussion especially when most can keep it to just a discussion and not let it deteriorate into a 'personal' attack. Some agree & some agree to 'disagree'!! :)...

In my humble opinion, most CCers are well informed, willing to help others with their travel questions & problems & are fun to converse with :)...

I hope u find those Pinochle players even in your bathrobe...heehee :)

Have happy cruisin' all!!

Archived