What to do BESIDES stringrays/snorkeling in Caymen?

Chelsm

LOL, where to start. I'm assuming you don't just want to hang out in George Town?

My thoughts -

Consider the Nautilus semi-sub, they give you a cruise across the George Town wrecks then snorkeling on Cheeseburger Reef.

Alternatively, the Jolly Roger cruise, which is currently anchoring for snorkeling at a very nice little reef just outside George Town.

You could also walk along to Eden Rock and snorkel their reef.

This will be our 2nd time to Caymen and did the Stingray/reef/run point tour last time. This time we are looking for something new, what can you recommend?

Wow...sounds like you did it all already..:rolleyes:

well, maybe not

go to Hell

shop

do some decent snorkeling (Eden Rock, Sunset Reef, Cali)

have turtle cordon bleu

visit the turtle farm

walk the length of 7 mile beach

go to Hell (oh, I said that)

have a turtle burger

rent a car & drive around the island

have conch fritters

go to 'My Bar' and play Dominos {for $$$$} you'll loose :p

need more ideas?

We rented a car and drove around the island - north, south and eastern coasts. We did not drive on the western coast because we were nervous about getting caught up in traffic with all the people going to the turtle farm, 7 Mile Beach, Rum Cake Factory (I think) and the town of Hell.

We found the drive to be great as there are small beaches that you can stop at along the way. We even found a private beach with beautiful sand, trees and fantastic swimming near Rum Point. With 6 ships in port - it was a great treat to be the only people on a beach.

Chelsm - I see you are from Jersey - we are too. Remember - anything you choose to do in GC will be better than driving in the stop and go traffic of NJ.;) Have fun!

Chelsm - I see you are from Jersey - we are too. Remember - anything you choose to do in GC will be better than driving in the stop and go traffic of NJ.;) Have fun!

We are practially neighbors, we are in Verona!:D

Wow little sarcastic are we?? I thought this was a message board to get helpful info, sorry I asked!

rephrase:

I went to Stingray City ... is there anything else to do on this island?

I've been a frequent visitor to CI for better than 25 years.....YES, I think there are a few other things to do there.

If only I could swing moving there......:D

Oh and as to "is there a bank" :rolleyes:

So you don't know what the primary business of this lil' country is huh?

GC has blow holes on the southern coast. We ran out of time and didn't make it to them, but we did see the ones on the windward coast of Coz. If the ones on GC are anything like those, they are definitely worth seeing.

Archived