Can't Wait To Anger The "chair Hogs"

LTS1960

LOL

When i USED to go to the movies.. i would find rows of kids saving seats ..like the whole row!

i overheard them saying something to the effect like good, now no one will sit near us and they were laughing..

Well you know i just to that row and sat down and gave the look.. you know the look.. LOL

The look? I was born with "the look" and use it often :D I shall use "the look" when I am sitting down in those seats.

The look? I was born with "the look" and use it often :D I shall use "the look" when I am sitting down in those seats.

I learned it from my dad.. when i was a teenager.. he didnt have to say a word.. the "look' was enough!!:D

Ha-ha these were all great. Here's my suggestion. Lay out their towel on their chair. Put on their sunglasses and straw hat (if available). Slip on their flip flops, grab their drink (new straw of course) and sip away.

When they return angered and ask "What are you doing with all my stuff!?"

Just simply reply, "Oh I'm sorry, I thought these were amenities offered by Carnival. Why else would anyone leave stuff by an empty chair for hours?"

Finish their drink. Walk away.

Ha-ha these were all great. Here's my suggestion. Lay out their towel on their chair. Put on their sunglasses and straw hat (if available). Slip on their flip flops, grab their drink (new straw of course) and sip away.

When they return angered and ask "What are you doing with all my stuff!?"

Just simply reply, "Oh I'm sorry, I thought these were amenities offered by Carnival. Why else would anyone leave stuff by an empty chair for hours?"

Finish their drink. Walk away.

ding ding ding we have a winner LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully they will leave behind their S&S card for the bar bill:eek:

You "look" people scare me! My older sister had it... and I mean she had it in spades... I still get shivers when I think about it. Now YOU would be perfect chair hogs. If I moved your stuff and you came back to the chair, all you'd have to do is shoot me "the look" and I'd run whimpering to my mama. :p

You guys are hilarious today. Just what I needed. A good laugh. :) I think they ought to give chairs out to each person when they board. Like have so many per stateroom. Wouldn't that be a hoot......watching people run through the hallways with a lounge chair in their hands trying to get the best spot next to the pool.LOL

I like the sign idea, but with a twist. It might be cool to print up some signs before we leave and in bold letters state something like:This chair has been saved by a very inconsiderate person. No one has been here since I arrived at (what ever time it is). Put the sign on the chair and watch the fun when people see it. What do you folks think?any other suggestions.

Great idea!

Geez, what a bunch of bullies on here! The only thing worse than these chair hogs are the Cruise **** Moral Patrol! Are you gonna sit there all day with your stop watch and decide at what point you'll toss their stuff away? Who died and made you guys God? Don't you have anything better to do than play Policeman? I have never NOT found a lounger. Sure, people save stuff...big deal! I've saved a lounger for my husband, so what? Should I have to be accountable to you for my every thought and move? I can just see you all now, the MORAL PATROL GANG, stalking the decks, looking for those horrible chair hogs! Maybe you should run their towel up the flagpole! How about public humiliation? 100 lashes with a wet noodle? How about just chilling out and enjoying your cruise....you may be RIGHT, technically, but your methods are ridiculous!:eek: :mad:

P.S. NO, I have never put a shoe, a towel, or anything else out to reserve my own lounger!

Maybe you should run their towel up the flagpole! How about public humiliation? 100 lashes with a wet noodle?

Now you're getting the idea! Welcome to the club! :)

How about putting itching powder on their towels that they leave on the chairs... boy will they be in for a surprise

I have never had an issue with not being able to find a chair on a cruise. I do think that it is wrong to save chairs for hours and should be up to the cruiseline to move the belongings. I do not want an arguement when I am on vacation.

They should have coin operated chairs. Like parking meters. If you leave, you have 15 mins to refill the meter or they are gone.

I know what you are getting at, but this does not work because if I pull into the parking space you vacated 2 min after you leave, it is gone.

And so it should be with chairs on deck. If you leave for any amount of time for any reason, you have forfieted the right to that seat unless it is still vacant when you get back.

If your butt is not on it, it is free game. I don;t care if you went to pee, get something to eat or go to your cabin for a nap. All belongings you want to keep should be taken with you.

It is usually not to hard to find one chair but if there is 2 or more it has gotten harder to find two or more "unsaved" chairs together.

I have no problem removing items. I have never been confronted because I have never had a person who I removed their stuff return in the time I was using the chair. The next time this happens, I think I will take whatever I removed from the chairs and dump it in the trash on my way off the deck. Or maybe I will start my own carnival towel collection.

Hope ya like jeans.. maybe you can even wear them into the dining room for dinner?;)

Would you be kind enough to provide both the inseem and waist size...? I'm trying to decide if I should pack light of not.

Any chance you might leave an alarm clock or electrical strip on one of the lounge chairs...? :D

Would you be kind enough to provide both the inseem and waist size...? I'm trying to decide if I should pack light of not.

Any chance you might leave an alarm clock or electrical strip on one of the lounge chairs...? :D

And a carnival cup? oh and your Welcome Aboard picture! So me and my girlfriend can just tape our faces on top of yours. We're on a budget :(

thanks for the help.. ;) lol

Geez, what a bunch of bullies on here! The only thing worse than these chair hogs are the Cruise **** Moral Patrol! Are you gonna sit there all day with your stop watch and decide at what point you'll toss their stuff away? Who died and made you guys God? Don't you have anything better to do than play Policeman? I have never NOT found a lounger. Sure, people save stuff...big deal! I've saved a lounger for my husband, so what? Should I have to be accountable to you for my every thought and move? I can just see you all now, the MORAL PATROL GANG, stalking the decks, looking for those horrible chair hogs! Maybe you should run their towel up the flagpole! How about public humiliation? 100 lashes with a wet noodle? How about just chilling out and enjoying your cruise....you may be RIGHT, technically, but your methods are ridiculous!:eek: :mad:

P.S. NO, I have never put a shoe, a towel, or anything else out to reserve my own lounger!

I think you are taking this a little too seriously... i believe everyone is just joking

I know what you are getting at, but this does not work because if I pull into the parking space you vacated 2 min after you leave, it is gone.

And so it should be with chairs on deck. If you leave for any amount of time for any reason, you have forfieted the right to that seat unless it is still vacant when you get back.

If your butt is not on it, it is free game. I don;t care if you went to pee, get something to eat or go to your cabin for a nap. All belongings you want to keep should be taken with you.

It is usually not to hard to find one chair but if there is 2 or more it has gotten harder to find two or more "unsaved" chairs together.

I have no problem removing items. I have never been confronted because I have never had a person who I removed their stuff return in the time I was using the chair. The next time this happens, I think I will take whatever I removed from the chairs and dump it in the trash on my way off the deck. Or maybe I will start my own carnival towel collection.

Umm.. if my stuff got moved because I got up to use the boy's room, there would be a confrontation. But, like I've said.. you people are ALL talk. I am reminded of a great line from Reservoir Dogs that is appropriate for all the tough talk coming on this thread from everyone. "You gunna bark all day little doggy or are you gunna bite?"

Archived