Just off Mariiner-things you might like to know

Yes the ice show tickets are free. You need to to check your cruise compass for the day and time when RCCL hands out the free tickets. If memory serves me well, they hand out the tickets at 9am on your 1st sea day.

There is another thread on this and the cc said that she got there at 9am and by the time she got to the ticket counter, they were all sold out. Best to get there 8:00 to 8:15 am.

slowpoke58

EmeraldSeas 79’

Sun Viking 83’

Carnival Ecstasy 94’

Navigator of the Seas 05’

Jewel of the Seas Jan 07’

Coral Princess 12-07

Lobster was served on the second formal night which was Friday for us. It is called the Fisherman's Platter.

There were 2 days that the ice show ran (Wednesday and Friday). There were also 2 show times each of the days.

Is one person able to get six tickets for the rest of their family?

Thanks, Diane

I am looking at my Compass from the Eastern Caribbean on Mariner and the Ice Show tix were available on Tues. from 9am-10am, one person per party could get Ice Show tickets. We had our parents in an Owner's Suite, so they got them for their cabin and ours, so not sure if it means, since they were linked reservations, meaning per party or because they got bec/Owner's Suite perks, since they do get these without having to wait in line for OS.

And then the shows were on Wed. at 7pm and 9pm and Friday at 5pm and 7pm (this nite being formal night on Eastern as well).

Western initinerary might be different nights for Ice Shows.

Thanks for the info DayCruisers; Can you tell me who your Captain and the CD were? Also is it true that there is no longer a grand galla buffet?

On 3-2-08 sailing it was Captain Per (Kristophson I believe, but everyone jsut refered to him as Captain Per) who was great! More visible than I've ever seen a captain, and the cruise director was Graham Seymour, who also was great!

I don'r recall a grand buffet, so I looked back through my Compasses and did not find a listing for one.

Capt. Per is who we had in August, and have heard Capt. Johnny is on there now...so wondering if we might get him for our May cruise.

No prommises but by my calculations if they continue with the current 10 week turn-a-round then May 18th will be Capt. Johnnys last week before his break. Capt. Per will begin on the 25th.

I too have cruised with Per and am looking forward to meeting Johnny on this one. Just 26 days to go:D

No prommises but by my calculations if they continue with the current 10 week turn-a-round then May 18th will be Capt. Johnnys last week before his break. Capt. Per will begin on the 25th.

I too have cruised with Per and am looking forward to meeting Johnny on this one. Just 26 days to go:D

Man....that will be the week we sail...hope to get him, since heard so much about him. We liked Per, but would like to see the big deal about Johnny.

Have a great cruise....jealous u only have 26 more days...post any good things u might want to share when u get back!

We just returned yesterday. On the ice show tickets, we travelled with 6 people in 3 different cabins and my husband went down around 8:30am to pick up everyones tickets. He was able to get them but the line was already long at 8:30am. Talked to people on board who couldn't get them. Strangely, after all that, no one checked our tickets and we just walked in.

The best seats we felt were the set just as you walk in facing where the skaters enter the arena. It felt like they played to that side, that way the people on the sides saw the skaters profiles and not their backs.

Also as you head down for the show, we saw a long line waiting to enter on the left, and no line on the right, we just walked in on the right side.

Lastly the back of the ice show ticket had a coupon for a free strip of 3 jackpot bingo cards. We used them the next day, but they can't be used for the final jackpot on the last day.

I have all the 12-14 yr old and 15-17yr old compasses plus the regular compasses. My scanner isn't working so I'd be happy to send them to someone by snail mail who can get them posted online.

Does anyone know when Capt. Johnny will be leaving? We were on Mariner in August and missed him by 1 week, so was wondering if we are going to get him this go round or not, on our May 18th cruise...since I have heard so many nice things about him.

I think it is May 25. A poster with the screen name of Wolfcathorse has a current captains thread that is updated constantly. He got on Mariner on 3/16. This can sometimes vary by a week or so as the 2 captains work out their rotations. Capt. Johnny stayed on Mariner an extra week in late 2006 to help Captain Pers get familiar with Mariner and he did not come back until Jan. 21, 2007 (our cruise week) but we were unsure until we embarked whether it would be Capt. Johnny or Capt. Pers.

This is all SO helpful~ I am SO excited.... we leave THIS Saturday!! I am curious, I have heard about a peek-a-boo deck. What exactly is a peek-a-boo deck and where would we find it? Thanks again all, your tips/hints for the Mariner are GREAT!

Archived