How Best to Select an Inside NEAR Elevator?

ionsys

Hello folks--booking with RCI directly just specifies what deck-not where on that deck.

so booking over internet and hitting 'send' button may well result in location far from elevators-luck of draw?

How to hone in on available rooms?--can I instead book the room through RCI by calling them-and get same rate/deck as internet route--thereby knowing location at the outset?

or do they tell you to book on their website to save info time?

If over their website, do I get a booking number right away so I could THEN call them to see location of room and request one close to elevators?

Call direct and have a copy of the deck plans in front of you. The cost is the same whether you book on the internet, TA, or over the phone the cost will be the same. Call and ask if rooms are available in the location you want, very easy.

Don't EVER book without the deck plans in front of you!!!!!! Why would you book something that you don't know WHERE it is????

If you don't have the cruise brochure, RCI will send you one--free! Just e-mail them and ask!

When I go to the rci website, on the right hand side I can see where one inserts quick cruise data and up pops the room category and deck for a particular cruise--eg Legend

but i don't see anywhere where the available cabins on that deck are displayed--am i missing something here?--if so, where do i look after inserting name of shipnand sailing date?

When I go to the rci website, on the right hand side I can see where one inserts quick cruise data and up pops the room category and deck for a particular cruise--eg Legend

but i don't see anywhere where the available cabins on that deck are displayed--am i missing something here?--if so, where do i look after inserting name of shipnand sailing date?

Yes, you need to pretend book the cruise. You choose the date etc from the right side and then search. Click on the exact sail date and keep going. The 2 or 3 rd page will show the available rooms but even then you will get a sampling not a full listing. The only way is to call direct.

I just checked out a cruise today and the choice of rooms on the website, although not too bad, could not compare with what the agent offered me. He explained the indidual advantages that certain rooms had over other rooms even though they were the same price. It pays to talk to an expert sometimes and it pays to book early. Good Sailing, Murf

Archived