Passport Stamps

Ripper4

ask on the Cruise line board your cruising with. I know I read it on a thread somewhere that you can get your passport stamped at the ports your going to. Cozumel was one this other posted talked about- I cannot find that post now but you can get your passport stamped. Its a little off the beaten path-if my memory serves me correct and they only have specific hours. I'll keep trying to find that thread and re-post once I locate it.

with getting your passport stamped.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=39801

I knew I had read it somewhere- not sure if there are the places you are going (I believe it includes Cozumel) but at least you know you can do it -just ask when you get off the ship. I'm sure someone will help you either on or off on where to do. Hope this helps- enjoy your cruise!!!

Nope, no stamps when on a cruise if it leaves from the US.

You just show the agent your passport and they issue your seapass.

So the protocol is to leave your passport safely locked in the safe on board and only take your Sign and Sail card (in the case of NCL) with you on shore?

Thanks if this is a dumb question.

You will get varied responses on this.

You are not required to carry your passport with you and many do leave it locked in their safe on board. However, should anything happen and you miss the ship, you will be out of luck flying anywhere without your passport.

It's really a matter of personal choice. We were taking several excursions from private parties and always carried our passports with us "just in case". It really was not big deal as we had other valuables such as cash and credit cards with us that we had to protect, so we just put the passports with those.

Archived