Did HAL change the dress code???

Roboat

Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day wondering what ryhmes with beetrainer.

Her posting name is eTrainer, but some refer to her in the shortened version, ET... :D

Not sure if it is because of the abbreviation or because some of the posts are "way out there" - sorry, Ellen - but some of them are pretty funny. :)

I think the "e" stands for Ellen, hence the reference.

You persist in (I can only think) deliberately misunderstanding me. So here it is spelled out in steps even you should be able to understand:

1) I personally don't care what you wear

2) I very much care that you abide by the rules of the cruise line

Got that?

Actually I understand the English language exceptionally well. Perhaps it is you who is not very clear in what you write.

When you say

So wear what you want into the dining room. Sit at my table. I won't snub you, I'll converse as if nothing is amiss. But when the Maitre d' asks you to leave, I'll stand up and cheer...
its very clear indeed. Spin it how you like - you are willing to argue with someone here on what they wear - but won't do so in person - which IMHO doesn't make you very genuine or show that you really believe in your convictions.

If you didn't mean that in your initial quote - well then you should learn to express yourself more clearly

I actually find this all very amusing. I'm sensing lots of testosterone flying all over the place here, with people ready to rip each other's throats out. The ironic thing is I'm also picturing sitting on a cruise ship eating dinner with Dakrewser and Roboat on one side of me and Superstein and Riskmgr on the other. It's the first night of the cruise, none of us realize that we're sitting with fellow CC members and having a grand old time. After all, first night is casual.

But then the next evening comes along and it's formal evening on the whateverdam. Even though everyone had a great time the night before, I think I'll be heading to the Pinnacle. I'd hate to be subpoenaed in a criminal case.;)

I really mean it when I say I just love all you guys! You're hysterical. Sadly, I'm not seeing SS's posts because I ignore him, but it still reads just fine.

Marc, at that table you're talking about at least we'd all know you once you got up ... being that there would be nothing on your bottom half:D .

But now I'm thinking that I could come on as a number of different people and have conversations with myself. Who knows? I might get so angry I'd end up ignoring myself and that could really be messy!!! Not to mention confusing:p .

Although I don't see how that works because when I sign on here it welcomes me as me and I'm not sure how I could be someone else.

Oh well!!!:eek:

I actually find this all very amusing. I'm sensing lots of testosterone flying all over the place here, with people ready to rip each other's throats out. The ironic thing is I'm also picturing sitting on a cruise ship eating dinner with Dakrewser and Roboat on one side of me and Superstein and Riskmgr on the other. It's the first night of the cruise, none of us realize that we're sitting with fellow CC members and having a grand old time. After all, first night is casual.

But then the next evening comes along and it's formal evening on the whateverdam. Even though everyone had a great time the night before, I think I'll be heading to the Pinnacle. I'd hate to be subpoenaed in a criminal case.;)

LOL :D :D :D

But at least I would be comfortable if they throw me in the brig. Dakrewser and Roboat would still be in their monkey suits ;)

LOL :D :D :D

But at least I would be comfortable if they throw me in the brig. Dakrewser and Roboat would still be in their monkey suits ;)

Hah! You say that now, but you'll be sorry you were thrown in the brig (again). For you fail to realize that my other identity is Julia Roberts, and both of us will be sitting on my own lap! Too bad for you, ha ha! ;)

Roboat - So that's a med cruise. I bet everyone would get back and post glowing reviews.

It's obvious to me that after the first formal night with Roboat, Dakrewser, Superstein and Riskmgr, I'll have a table all by myself in the dining room (but I'll visit you guys in the brig).:D

Actually, do cruise ships have brigs, or any kind of secure holding area?

Indeed they do. Not that I've seen it myself, but Superstein described it to me.....

:) -dave

For once Dave speaketh the truth - Dave had asked about where he would sleep when he tried to stow-away instead of paying on an upcoming cruise and I described the ship's brig to him since I had seen it on a tour of the ship

I actually felt sorry for him and was going to give him the cash so he could actually pay this time - but my better judgement prevailed :D

Everyone who would like to see this, please raise your hand.

Superstein and Dakrewser, for whatever unknown reason, sail on HAL's single share program, and get to room together. Now wouldn't that be interesting?:D ;)

Everyone who would like to see this, please raise your hand.

Superstein and Dakrewser, for whatever unknown reason, sail on HAL's single share program, and get to room together. Now wouldn't that be interesting?:D ;)

And you said I was badddddddd! ;) ;) ;)

(consider my hand raised)

Interesting? Only if you don't bore easily. After all, I'd be at Dutch night, he'd be at the BBQ. I'd be at Formal Night, he'd be in the brig.....

:rolleyes:

Archived