Possible Silversea convert

Leejnd4

Richard, re the price on Regent vs Silversea - my thoughts exactly! I never used to even look at SS - Regent was the only luxury cruise line I would look at, because they usually had at least some itineraries in my price range, whereas SS and SB usually had very few or none. SS and SB used to ALWAYS be significantly more than Regent.

Now that they're the same or LESS, I'm looking at all of these lines.

Oh, yes, another thing I'd like to say about Silversea is that a very high percentage of European fellow guests should be expected. On our European cruise a year and one half ago, perhaps half of the fellow guests were Europeans. On our very recent Caribbean cruise, the percentage seemed higher than that. The Europeans tended to be from the UK, Germany, and Austria.

To me, this has been a POSITIVE factor. Europeans (unlike Americans) always seem to speak several languages (including English). These European fellow guests were all very friendly, and it was most interesting to converse with them and learn about their respective countries. So Silversea adds this "international inboard experience" to all else it has to offer.

Archived