Seating for dinner on explorer

I have heard from some that seating for dinner is important on the Explorer as you don't want to be squished into a wall or of course a door. Last cruise went on the Serenade with 10 friends and we said do whatever you want, have a great time but we should meet for dinner just to connect. We all arrive for dinner and we are at three diffrent tables around the room even after requesting on the reservation and calling the day befor to confirm.

So its it something to check out first and make a request and if you do make a request where would it be? We are a party of six.

No one is "squished" anywhere!!! There tables are well-spaced, so that the server's can access you!

Did you "link" your reservation numbers, so that you'd be seated together? When you board, just look at your seapass--it will have your table number on it. Make sure they're the same. If they're not, go to the dining room and get it fixed!

Yep everything was linked. I have to admit when it comes to planning a vacation especially for a party of ten my A type personality comes out which is why I always call the day before and go over everything. Who knows what happened but with the smoke coming out of my ears (tactfully of course) we got it all straight but what a hassel.

There are some gosh awful tables behind the staircase, lower level. These tables are a bit isolated and sorta stuck behind stairs, so cannot see really the dining area at all. We met some folks that were dining back there and it was a terrrible section to be in. They did not have that type of set up on Mariner, so might be only on earlier Voyager class ships.

To make sure you are sitting at the same table as family/friends call RC and link you reservations together. To do this you would need everyones reservation number. Have each cabin call in and do this.

Archived