Mariner cabin question

linswi

On the deck plans, some cabins show both a + and *. The key at the bottom of the page says that a * means third pullman bed and a + means a third and fourth pullman bed.

Why would some cabins (such as 1553 or 1561) show both symbols?

I am attaching an edited screen shot to help explain what I mean. Sorry, I don't know how to make it bigger without clicking on it.

cabinq.JPG.fd81fbfb1bdc6bb6a030e9cd0da06247.JPG

I think it's just an error. Those rooms should just have an asterisk after them symbolizing the 3rd bed in the room is a pullman (I'm basing this on the deck plans for the Navigator which is Mariner's closest sister).

Hmm.. I think I may give them a call then.. I chose one of these cabins because we have 2 going now, but may add a 3rd and 4th later. Would hate to find that out too late!

Thanks!

Just an FYI, depending on when you are traveling, you are better off adding the 3rd and 4th persons now and then cancelling them before final payment if they decide not to come.

Why? Because each ship has a maximum capacity which is LESS than the number of berths onboard the ship. So even if you have a room that has extra beds available, if the ship has reached maximum capacity you cannot add anybody else to that room. This doesn't happen on every cruise, but it tends to happen the most at popular times for families to cruise like Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, President's week, Spring Break, and Summer.

I never even thought of that... we are going at the end of August. Is that usually a higher traffic time? We chose that because we figured most kids should be just starting back to school, at least around here. I would hate to tie up the deposit money if we weren't sure they were going.

Thanks for the FYI

Archived