Rental car in Buenos Aires or Santiago?

ALadyNCal

We will have 48 hrs before and after the cruise.

I was wondering if anyone has booked a rental car in these cities? Or is the public transportation good enough to not worry about it?

Thanks!

[I]~~Celebrity Infinity 02/2005~~; NCL Sun 02/2003; Celebrity Millennium 05/2002; Ocean Princess 10/2001; Ocean Princess 8/2001; NCL Sea 7/2000; Ocean Princess 3/2000; Celebrity Mercury 10/1998; Star Princess 3/1996; NCL Dream 8/1995; Azure Seas 2/1991 [/I]

Forget about renting a car in Buenis Aires in my oppinion,Taxis from any hotel to where you want to go,Are all less then $1.00 american,Most taxi rides are less then 3 pesos.I did not use public transit, but heard from a friend that the subways are really good if you want to use them.

I lived in Buenos Aires for five years - taxis are the way to go (since devaluation hit and you can get three pesos to the dollar) - the subway is very easy to maneuver and goes to all parts of the city and is cheap to use. Crime has been on the upswing since I left (when I lived there it was one of the safest big cities in the world) - so be careful no matter which means you use.

Jerry K
From:Baltimore/Washington, D.C. -- Lived in Bonn; Buenos Aires; Caracas; Almaty; Beijing; Rangoon; Scottsdale and now Las Vegas (and long visits to an additional 83 countries)

Archived