webcam to watch inspiration?

bamn

The Inspiration sails from Tampa. I know 'cause I'm sailing on her next Thursday.

There's no webcam at the port, sadly. The only thing I've been able to find that will even show the ship is the Sunshine Skyway Bridge cam. Even with that cam you'll only see her sail under the bridge and from quite a distance. But, it's a live, full motion cam. It plays a loop of about 30 seconds. You need to close the small window and open it again for the new loop.

http://www.511tampabay.com/cameras.html

The Inspiration will pass under the bridge about two hours and fifteen minutes after she sets sail. It's supposed to be quite a sight from the forward observation deck... which is where I'll be...

:D

The Inspiration will pass under the bridge about two hours and fifteen minutes after she sets sail. It's supposed to be quite a sight from the forward observation deck... which is where I'll be...

Bragger:rolleyes:

You bet!

There is another view, from a building downtown. It can see the ship through the trees and other buildings, but not with any detail. I'll see if I can pull up the website on my other computer and post it later.

It is definitely quite a site from the forward observation deck; I sailed on the Sensation out of Tampa and we did not go to dinner until we had passed under the bridge. I am sailing on the Inspiration out of Tpa on 4/17 and I am looking forward to the sight again.

It is definitely quite a site from the forward observation deck; I sailed on the Sensation out of Tampa and we did not go to dinner until we had passed under the bridge. I am sailing on the Inspiration out of Tpa on 4/17 and I am looking forward to the sight again.

Hello - we are sailing on the Inspiration in November and requested early dinner. If we leave Tampa at 4:00 pm and it will pass under the bridge around 6:15 - then I guess that will interfere with our dinner time. Will we be able to leave the table for a few minutes to catch a glimpse and then head right back to dinner? Anyone ever had this dilemna??

Hello - we are sailing on the Inspiration in November and requested early dinner. If we leave Tampa at 4:00 pm and it will pass under the bridge around 6:15 - then I guess that will interfere with our dinner time. Will we be able to leave the table for a few minutes to catch a glimpse and then head right back to dinner? Anyone ever had this dilemna??

Thanks for waking me up on the dining time situation. I have also requested the 6:15 dining time on the 4/17 Inspiration sailing which means that I would miss the magificent sight of the Sunshine Skyway bridge!! It seemed to take forever on the Sensation to get under the bridge. I guess I will have to play it by ear and see how it unfolds...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived