Here It Is Boys and Girls...New Dress Code

KenMo

I am a 31 year old woman and I personally think this is ridiculous. If people can't find a few nice outfits to wear, they shouldn't be cruising. I hear people complain about dressing up and I can't believe it. It's a vacation and I always feel like for dinner you should dress up. I think it's crazy that carnival will allow jeans or shorts in the dining room. I would never wear them in there and I think people should be embarrassed to wear them to dinner. People should dress up, it's not wisconsin dells.

I welcome the fact that you can now wear DRESS shorts in the dining room (people did anyhow). My opinion is that even though the dinners themselves are extremely elegant on all nights of the cruise, I believe it becomes LESS elegant of an atmosphere when the wait staff begin doing their evening dancing. I am NOT a fan of this activity and wouldn't mind if they would do away with it. I would also like to see Carnival have some nice dinner music playing especially during the 'dress-up' evenings. All in all - I am on vacation and there pretty much isn't anything I totally can't put up with. :D

To all you folks who are so "class conscious"; class is not defined by what you wear. I have seen folks in Tuxes acting like total jerks, and I've seen Jerry Springer rejects in formal gowns. I've seen Princes in jeans and Princesses in Daisy Dukes. Class is not defined by the clothes on your body. Sometimes things like income dictate whether you wear formal wear, and now, of course things like a 50 lb weight limit and one bag per person! If you truly had class you would not look down your nose at others for wearing what they are wearing. Class is being able to treat others like true ladies and gentlemen regardless of their attire. Why they are dressed the way they are is truly none of your business and a classy person wouldn't even notice.

I am no better nor am I less than anyone else. I grew up in a family that was barely above poor, yet somehow my mother was one of the classiest people I ever met and she didn't own formal gowns or furs or fancy jewelry. Most of our clothes were made by her hands, because that's what we could afford. I feel fortunate that I am able to cruise. I feel especially fortunate that I do have nice clothes. But whether I am wearing a tux or an old pair of jeans, it's still me underneath. Treat others with the same dignity you would like and it's amazing how quickly clothes just don't matter.

Now that is a beautiful sentiment. Thank you, NJbearit, for this post.

I welcome the fact that you can now wear DRESS shorts in the dining room (people did anyhow). My opinion is that even though the dinners themselves are extremely elegant on all nights of the cruise, I believe it becomes LESS elegant of an atmosphere when the wait staff begin doing their evening dancing. I am NOT a fan of this activity and wouldn't mind if they would do away with it. I would also like to see Carnival have some nice dinner music playing especially during the 'dress-up' evenings. All in all - I am on vacation and there pretty much isn't anything I totally can't put up with. :D

I definitely see your point

The dancing act is annoying

I am a 31 year old woman and I personally think this is ridiculous. If people can't find a few nice outfits to wear, they shouldn't be cruising. I hear people complain about dressing up and I can't believe it. It's a vacation and I always feel like for dinner you should dress up. I think it's crazy that carnival will allow jeans or shorts in the dining room. I would never wear them in there and I think people should be embarrassed to wear them to dinner. People should dress up, it's not wisconsin dells.

I can find nice outfits, but I don't want to lug extra luggage that I have to pay extra for! On vacation I want to relax, kick back, have fun, not get dressed up. If you want to get dressed up, great, go for it! Why would it bother you if I chose not to? Why would my neat dressier jeans, pretty top and heels bother you? As long as the people at your table and around you are bathed and dressed, why would you care what others are wearing?

Who's complaining:confused: :p

I can find nice outfits, but I don't want to lug extra luggage that I have to pay extra for! On vacation I want to relax, kick back, have fun, not get dressed up. If you want to get dressed up, great, go for it! Why would it bother you if I chose not to? Why would my neat dressier jeans, pretty top and heels bother you? As long as the people at your table and around you are bathed and dressed, why would you care what others are wearing?

Hey Brooklyn

I am in LIC right now,..

I agree!

I have read posts where people have stated... something to the effect of.. "i never get to dress up"...

What does that have to do with Carnivals Code of Dress?

:D

Its a vacation like you said, not a place where you should have to wear khakis and suit coat. There are 1-3 nights where it is mandatory if you want to eat in the dining room. What is wrong with a polo and cargo shorts in the dining room? Especailly when its 100 degrees!!!! Relax, its a vacation!!!! I love it and cant wait til June when I go, this is just one more thing to look forward to!

Amen to that!!!:p

LOL

Thought I'd share...

Puttin on the Ritz

By Irving Berlin

Have you seen the well-to-do

Up and down Park Avenue

On that famous thoroughfare

With their noses in the air

High hats and narrow collars

White spats and fifteen dollars

Spending every dime

For a wonderful time

Now, if you're blue

And you don't know where to go to

Why don't you go where Harlem flits

Puttin' on the Ritz

Spangled Gowns upon the bevy of

High browns from down the levy

Always spits

Puttin' on the Ritz

That's where each and every lulu-belle goes

Every Thursday evening with her swell beaus

Rubbin' elbows

Come with me and we'll attend their jubilee

And see them spend

Their last two bits

Puttin' on the Ritz

- short instrumental break -

(Boys, look at that man puttin' on that Ritz)

Now, if you're blue

And you don't know where to go to

Why don't you go where Harlem flits

Puttin' on the Ritz

Spangled Gowns upon the bevy of

High browns from down the levy

All misfits

Puttin' on that certain Ritz

And see them spend

Their last two bits

Puttin' on the Ritz

And see them spend

Their last two bits

Puttin' on the Ritz

SOOOOOOO

After all this discussion..............

Will my newest and best Blue denim bib overalls be satisfactory to wear in the dining room under the new rules?

Yep...put a fancy tank top with it and your large BLING and ur fit rit in.......:D

You think, you personally, you feel.....:rolleyes: that's just what it is your feelings and thoughts which does not mean the world revolves around your beliefs and your thoughts... Gesh give it a break and leave the control issue in your home. Once someone steps out of their own home you step into the public world and you need to realize every single person is different and has a mind of their own. Until the a dress code becomes a LAW yes you can state how you feel but you need to be prepared for another person to state how they feel also, it will probably be different than yours so really you don't have a leg to stand on..

People who are complaining if they should dress up needs to back off and realize if you don't like the environment then get out. The same applies to people that think others are stuffy or act better than them, then get out and go somewhere else.

Myself, I could really careless how someone dresses as long as they don't smell bad, don't have a a potty mouth and are tolleriable to be around. If they are not I'M OUT OF THERE!!!

Hey Brooklyn

I am in LIC right now,..:D

I'm in Bensonhurst (Bensonhoist!)

My husband works in the banking/financial industry on Wall Street for one of the big NY firms...he wears a suit every day cause he wants to, most dress in dockers and long sleeved shirts, even on the TRADING FLOOR. We're talking the financial capital of the US (if not one of the capitals of the world). The current trend is a more relaxed, casual dress code and has been for several years. They wear jeans on Fridays, even. In a HUGE prestigious bank. And I have to dress to the nines while on a caribbean vacation? I don't think so.

:D

I'm in Bensonhurst (Bensonhoist!) = Brooklyn/Italianeese?? LOL

My husband works in the banking/financial industry on Wall Street for one of the big NY firms...he wears a suit every day cause he wants to, most dress in dockers and long sleeved shirts, even on the TRADING FLOOR. We're talking the financial capital of the US (if not one of the capitals of the world). The current trend is a more relaxed, casual dress code and has been for several years. They wear jeans on Fridays, even. In a HUGE prestigious bank. And I have to dress to the nines while on a caribbean vacation? I don't think so.

I agree with you.. to each his own.. I know if I want to dress up in a gown I will.. i could care less what someone else is wearing...I am a project manager for a large commercial wall covering company.. The owner comes to work in Jeans and Sneakers!

No one cares.. There are so many more important things in life for us to be concerned about!

Have a great day in Bensonhoist!!!

Archived