Here It Is Boys and Girls...New Dress Code

KenMo

You think, you personally, you feel.....:rolleyes: that's just what it is your feelings and thoughts which does not mean the world revolves around your beliefs and your thoughts... Gesh give it a break and leave the control issue in your home. Once someone steps out of their own home you step into the public world and you need to realize every single person is different and has a mind of their own. Until the a dress code becomes a LAW yes you can state how you feel but you need to be prepared for another person to state how they feel also, it will probably be different than yours so really you don't have a leg to stand on..

People who are complaining if they should dress up needs to back off and realize if you don't like the environment then get out. The same applies to people that think others are stuffy or act better than them, then get out and go somewhere else.

Myself, I could really careless how someone dresses as long as they don't smell bad, don't have a a potty mouth and are tolleriable to be around. If they are not I'M OUT OF THERE!!!

Great post.. (sometimes i have a potty mouth though !!!;) )

This is why i posted Puttin on the Ritz..

Puttin on the Ritz was slang back in the 'good ol'days" for those who put on heirs (sp?).. LOL

Yes!!!! Nore more khakis each night when its close to 100 degrees!! Nice cargo shorts and a polo shirt!!

Hmm. Air must be broken on every one of your cruises if it's 100 degrees on the ship.

Hmm. Air must be broken on every one of your cruises if it's 100 degrees on the ship.

Not in the dining room, but walking around the ship, its still too warm for me to wear pants, and now I dont have to pack 4-5 extra pairs of khakis!! Al Italia is pretty strict with luggage from what I hear!!:eek:

To all you folks who are so "class conscious"; class is not defined by what you wear. I have seen folks in Tuxes acting like total jerks, and I've seen Jerry Springer rejects in formal gowns. I've seen Princes in jeans and Princesses in Daisy Dukes. Class is not defined by the clothes on your body. Sometimes things like income dictate whether you wear formal wear, and now, of course things like a 50 lb weight limit and one bag per person! If you truly had class you would not look down your nose at others for wearing what they are wearing. Class is being able to treat others like true ladies and gentlemen regardless of their attire. Why they are dressed the way they are is truly none of your business and a classy person wouldn't even notice.

I am no better nor am I less than anyone else. I grew up in a family that was barely above poor, yet somehow my mother was one of the classiest people I ever met and she didn't own formal gowns or furs or fancy jewelry. Most of our clothes were made by her hands, because that's what we could afford. I feel fortunate that I am able to cruise. I feel especially fortunate that I do have nice clothes. But whether I am wearing a tux or an old pair of jeans, it's still me underneath. Treat others with the same dignity you would like and it's amazing how quickly clothes just don't matter.

Very well said.

• 3 weeks later...

Last week I was on the Destiny and didn't find any controversy about the dress code. People tended to dress properly. The first night was open seating and no dress rules for the simple reason luggage was still arriving. The second night I did see a kid in shorts, but beyond that everyone I witnessed looked very nice.

Perhaps Shakespeare had it correctly when he wrote "Much ado about nothing" ?

mjbearit wrote,

"I am no better nor am I less than anyone else. I grew up in a family that was barely above poor, yet somehow my mother was one of the classiest people I ever met and she didn't own formal gowns or furs or fancy jewelry. Most of our clothes were made by her hands, because that's what we could afford. "

And I'll bet your mom was neat, and clean, and dressed appropriately to the situation. And I'd also bet she'd would've been embarassed if you dressed like the street corner denizens.

Having class and being class-conscious are two separate, yet unequal things. Trying to assert that folks who care about attire and upholding the dress code are snobs is just another sad excuse to divert the issue.

BTW--which issue has this thread been arguing anyway...

- Wearing 'less than casual' wear on non-cruise elegant nights?

- or wearing casualwear of any type on cruise elegant nights?

Because it's a moot point to argue attire on casual nights - Carnival has given the go-ahead on shorts, ie they could care less what people wear that night.

Cindy

Archived