Looking for Good Beach in Ports

Suetwom2

All I want is to get to a beach, but I'm having a hard time finding it with NCL Cruise Line. They offer shopping & going to a beach in one trip. I just want to get off the ship and go to a beach for the day. Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this on my own, were NCL doesn't offer just beaching it for a day. Ports are Port Canaveral, Nassua, Freeport.

HELP:eek:

Go to your library and check out a travel guide on the Caribbean ports. You'll find out ALL about the ports you'll be visiting, how far the beaches are, what KIND of beach (good for swimming, or not--rocky or smooth....) what facilities are there (restrooms, food, drink, chairs, etc...) transportation and what it will cost... You get the picture!

Libraries are free, but you could buy a guidebook if you want to!

In Freeport, when you get off the ship, catch a cab to Lucaya. Ask the cab driver to take you to a public beach area. The beach there is really nice - white sand and clear water.

I haven't been to a beach in Nassau, so I can't help you there.

Check out the Ports of Call board for your destinations. Many just get off the ship, get a taxi, and do their own thing outside of ship excursions. Look for your ports on the Ports of Call board and you'll find many suggestions and recommendations.

Any of the cruise directors staff can point you in the right direction, give you tips for the type of beach you want, ask where they would go. But always, always travel safely, and agree on the price before getting into a taxi.

Archived