Colony Beach Resort in the Cayman islands

gmabcd

Does anyone know if you can go there on your own for the day and purchase a day pass here. Do we have to do the Colony Club with the RCCL exursion?? If I do it with RCCL you are limited to only 3 1/2 hours. I want to leave when I want and go when I want.

You don't need to book at a resort! Take the bus to the beach--rentals are available at all public access points, along with food, drink, restrooms, watersport equipment! You don't need to pay all that money to go to the beach on GC!!!!!

The buses line up as you get off the tender--it's so easy to do your own thing there!

I know, but is there an entrance fee and what are the fees for chairs and umbrella's at the colony Beach resort in the cayman islands? and does anyone have pics of this beach???

I know, but is there an entrance fee and what are the fees for chairs and umbrella's at the colony Beach resort in the cayman islands? and does anyone have pics of this beach???

This is going back several years. I did this excursion through RCCL in 2002 with my young son while my husband and older son did a snorkel excursion. When I got to the hotel with the RCCL bus, I saw some people getting off a bus and going up to the hotel desk and purchasing day passes. My best advice to you is to call them. Here is a link to their website...they have a 1800 number.

http://www.caymanresortsonline.com/beachclub/

Sorry...I forgot to mention the beach. I do have pictures, but they were before I had my digital and I'd have to search through albums. I can say, I remember the beach being the most beautiful I'd ever seen. It was a real treat. Water bluer than blue. And sand whiter than white. The downside to this hotel was there was no pool. Or if they did have a pool, our RCCL day pass did not include it. I can't remember. It was so hot when we went, I remember thinking a jump in a pool would be great. Enjoy your beach day!

We did that excursion last yr with RCI at the Colony. It was entirely TOO short on time! They took us there and back on an old school bus with NO air conditioning!

seemed like we wasted alot of time meeting in the lounge on the ship then at the dock for the bus. Not much beach time at all.

The lunch was just ok, nothing great.

The beach was pretty, I would have loved

to have more time there just to hang out. However,

snorkeling was NOT good there, the water was cloudy when trying to see fish, my underwater pics did not come out good there at all.

From past experience if you want to snorkel in GC, it is better on a small boat to go way out..we did the captain marvin tour 2 yrs ago with the stingrays, then he took us to a snorkel area right by the sandbar that was

AWESOME! I have great pics from that.

Thanks for the response. Do you know if you could go to the Colony Beach club without RCI. Could I just take a taxi there and pay an entrance fee when I get there. or should I go to another beach like sea grape beach?? Thank you

Depends on what you want to go there for and how long.

I would contact them directly 1st by using the link above.

I wish I had that link before I went, I tired finding info on the

Colony before with no luck, so thats why we booked with RCI.

If I went again, I would go on my own.

Do you want to go just to swim and relax? That is the place.

I am not familiar with grape beach.

Thanks for the Pics.

Does anyone else out there know about the Colony beach club in the cayman islands?? can I pay an entrance fee when we get there or do I have to book this with RCCL???? is it worth going to this beach or is there another nice beach to go to??

thanks in advance:)

Beach Club Colony is okay. The beach is awesome...then again, most of Seven Mile Beach is awesome. The food is okay...then again, it's all inclusive, so you can eat your fill fairly cheaply. And, they include chairs, etc. so you don't have to worry about renting. If you don't mind crowds and you want an easy trip booked through the ship, it's not a bad setup.

It's not my favourite place along Seven Mile, but lots of people seem to swear by it...personally, I prefer Royal Palms - http://www.reefgrill.net/netcam/index.html

Hey, Bookbabe: We were looking at going to Royal Palms do you remember about cost of taxi etc. ?

I'm told it's about $4-6 per person each way. It's a pretty short trip from the pier.

Archived