Food Restrictions

cierarose

So I'm not a first time cruiser but this is my first cruise where I am vegetarian. (I'm 17).

Along with not eating any meat, poultry or seafood, I'm not a fan of dairy.

I don't want to be stuck eating salad the entire cruise, so I was wondering if anyone knew some good vegetarian meals offered in the dining halls (feel free to be vague, I know it changes).

What have some vegetarians/vegans eaten in the past and was it hard to find things to eat?

Is there Silk (soy milk) on the ship?

Some lines are better than others with their vegan fare. You will need to speak with either the maitre'd or your head waiter and discuss menus for you. Being a total vegan will present more issues than if you just avoid meat, but it can be done. I particularly like the meatless Indian curry dishes some lines prepare. Also, their grilled or steamed veggies are pretty good. Also, pasta with plain tomato sauce is another option.

I'm going on the Victory ship.

I'm not a total vegan (I'm working on it), I just don't like dairy. If something has dairy in it, that's fine but I don't want to just eat salad and cheese :)

I'll have to ask my head waiter a few question and see what he suggests. I'm sure they've dealt with it many times before.

Why not ask your question on your specific cruiseline board? You'll get lots more info.

Yes, talk to the maitre d as soon as you board and talk to him/her about your wants. The kitchen should be able to offer you some choices. All cruiselines offer veg choices in their regular menus. But you are asking for some really specific things that may or may not be on their reg menu. Maybe you'd feel better going to the buffets more often as you can pick and choose as you like.

I didn't notice on Carnival, but I know Celebrity always had a vegetarian entree in the dining room every evening, and one of our CC group thought they were pretty good. Now I don't know about Victory, but I know on Conquest they had a step up Asian counter and they would custom stir fry what you wanted. I don't know of they had tofu or not.

So I'm not a first time cruiser but this is my first cruise where I am vegetarian. (I'm 17).

Along with not eating any meat, poultry or seafood, I'm not a fan of dairy.

I don't want to be stuck eating salad the entire cruise, so I was wondering if anyone knew some good vegetarian meals offered in the dining halls (feel free to be vague, I know it changes).

What have some vegetarians/vegans eaten in the past and was it hard to find things to eat?

Is there Silk (soy milk) on the ship?

aaaa

Archived