Bermuda on Saturday and Sunday

crazybus

I will be in Bermuda on November 1st and November 2nd. This is a Saturday and a Sunday. I heard that on the weekends things are not open like they are during the week. I am also concerned because it will be November and many things don't run then, like some of the ferries. Can someone help?

I will be in Bermuda on November 1st and November 2nd. This is a Saturday and a Sunday. I heard that on the weekends things are not open like they are during the week. I am also concerned because it will be November and many things don't run then, like some of the ferries. Can someone help?

just about all the businesses you would be interested in as a visitor will be open on saturday ie shops, restaurants and museums etc. sunday is sunday, most people are off work at home with their families and or hobbies. count on most bars and restaurants being open. november is a really difficult month when it comes to weather. a lot of our activities are focussed on the water and things like snorkelling and scuba and sailing can be a crap shoot but glass bottom boat trips will be less of a gamble. the ferries have a much wider weather window and rarely shut down but they do have a winter schedule that excludes the later runs found on the summer schedule. daytime weather will be jeans and t shirt and nighttime will require a jacket

Thank you. This is my first visit to Bermuda and I am a little disappointed that one of the days is a Sunday. I guess I will do all my shopping, sightseeing etc. on Saturday and save the beach for Sunday. I hope the weather is warm.

• 4 weeks later...

All of the shops and restaurants are open at the Dockyard on Sunday. When we are there over a Sunday, this is the day we reserve for the west end. Local artists and glass blowers are great to watch and don't forget to pick up a rum cake at the Bermuda Rum Cake Factory. There are lots of little shops in the Clocktower Mall and you also have Dolphin Quest and the Maritime Museum. Sundays at the Dockyard are the way to go. We have been to Bermuda in November and it is one of my favorite times to go. It is less crowded and the local people have more time to chat with you. You can get a whole different perspecitve of Bermuda during the off season, or as they like to call it "the golf season". Have a terrific trip.

Just came back yesterday from Bermuda on the Carnival Miracle. We were there April 19 & 20. Hamilton's stores close at 5:00. Many people got off the ship and bought ferry or bus tickets to Hamilton only to find that when they got there all the stores are closed. They did not explain this at the shore excursion talk. Carnival gives you maps and information about the shops. Better off staying around the dockyard since that is all that is open.

I would also suggest using a taxi if you plan to go out Sat. night. Restaurants and bars are open. They will call a taxi for you when you leave. Taxis were not that expensive. The buses were not very reliable. Many people were stuck for over an hour waiting for the No. 7 bus to bring them back to the dockyard on saturday. They did not get back until after dark. Bus stops were along winding roads. It looked pretty scary to be standing there waiting for a bus when you really didn't know when the bus is coming. This was after arriving in Hamilton only to find the stores closed. Taxis were clean and the drivers were professional. It cost us $31 for 4 people to get from the south shore beach area back to the ship.

During the summer months or high season there are Special buses that take you directly to the beach and back. Just be careful during the off season such as November.

All of the shops and restaurants are open at the Dockyard on Sunday. When we are there over a Sunday, this is the day we reserve for the west end. Local artists and glass blowers are great to watch and don't forget to pick up a rum cake at the Bermuda Rum Cake Factory. There are lots of little shops in the Clocktower Mall and you also have Dolphin Quest and the Maritime Museum. Sundays at the Dockyard are the way to go. We have been to Bermuda in November and it is one of my favorite times to go. It is less crowded and the local people have more time to chat with you. You can get a whole different perspecitve of Bermuda during the off season, or as they like to call it "the golf season". Have a terrific trip.

We are heading to Bermuda in late August on a land-based vacation (sponsored by my DH's employer), and part of the trip lands over the weekend. I'm glad to read this thread about Saturdays and Sundays. Of course, now I have questions about where things are located. Where is the "dockyard" that you refer to and the "west end" that sounds like a cool place to check out? We will be staying in Southampton. Many activities will be preplanned for us, but there will be some free time around lunch on a couple of days. (I forgot to add that the hotel has a free ferry over to Hamilton, so I know that we can, easily, get over there.)

We are heading to Bermuda in late August on a land-based vacation (sponsored by my DH's employer), and part of the trip lands over the weekend. I'm glad to read this thread about Saturdays and Sundays. Of course, now I have questions about where things are located. Where is the "dockyard" that you refer to and the "west end" that sounds like a cool place to check out? We will be staying in Southampton. Many activities will be preplanned for us, but there will be some free time around lunch on a couple of days. (I forgot to add that the hotel has a free ferry over to Hamilton, so I know that we can, easily, get over there.)

Here's a nice map that will show you where everything is located.

http://www.bermuda.com/guidesmaps/interactiveislandmaps/index.php

Here's a nice map that will show you where everything is located.

http://www.bermuda.com/guidesmaps/interactiveislandmaps/index.php

I do appreciate the link, but I feel like such a dunce. I'm still not sure if the "dockyard" you have referred to is "The Royal Dockyard" on the map, or if there is some other location.

Can you tell me if taking the ferry around from place to place is a good idea or are the waters a bit choppy?

I do appreciate the link, but I feel like such a dunce. I'm still not sure if the "dockyard" you have referred to is "The Royal Dockyard" on the map, or if there is some other location.

Can you tell me if taking the ferry around from place to place is a good idea or are the waters a bit choppy?

Yes, Dockyard is The Royal Naval Dockyard on the map.

The ferries are a wonderful way to travel. As far as the waters being choppy, I guess it's going to depend on the weather at a particular time.

We have gone 6 times in Oct. and never have had choppy water. I was reading some reviews from people who just got back and they mentioned choppy water.

If you're staying in Southamton and going to Hamilton the water may not be as choppy going across Hamilton Harbour as the people who were recently going from Grassy Bay to Hamilton.

Yes, Dockyard is The Royal Naval Dockyard on the map.

The ferries are a wonderful way to travel. As far as the waters being choppy, I guess it's going to depend on the weather at a particular time.

We have gone 6 times in Oct. and never have had choppy water. I was reading some reviews from people who just got back and they mentioned choppy water.

If you're staying in Southamton and going to Hamilton the water may not be as choppy going across Hamilton Harbour as the people who were recently going from Grassy Bay to Hamilton.

I'm so glad that I thought to come over to this "port of call" board, even though our Bermuda trip will be a land-based vacation.

You are all so helpful! Thanks!!

Archived