Radiance or Serenade?

lauren0309

Trying to decide between the two. The itinerary is almost the same except for a stop missing on the Serenade in Ketichian. Is it not a stop to miss? I would rather do the roundtrip from Vancouver because the airfare comes out cheaper than if we were to do the Radiance from Vancouver and back from Alaska but want to make sure I'm not missing much from not going to Ketichian.

We have chosen the Radiance because we wanted the one way in order to see more of Alaska. Being in Seward for a few days is a big plus for us. We were able to get great airfare to Anchorage and back from Vancouver. I was persistant is watching the fares every few hours until I found what I wanted. The Serenade is a great ship also but not as good for itinerary IMHO.

Hi there, we were on Serenade last year. We found that Ketichikan was crammed with tourist type stores right at the pier. Didnt enjoy the stop as much as other ports [icy Strait, Juneau, Skagway, Wrangell]. It did bucket it down with rain though which even though it is Alaska and it was September, we had had beautiful weather for the rest of the cruise. We did a quick walk around the town, went to the part with boardwalk above the river and watch the shoals of Salmon then got back on board. I had booked a Sea Kayaking trip but it was cancelled due to the weather. Spent most of the day safely ensconced at the back of the ship with a coffee and a good book

Archived