Kids in Pinnacle Grill

jerseygirl3

Totally agree Iceman.....I think the meat and the meat alone has been outstanding. The rest you can find in the dining room for free.

The chairs in the PG also remind me of heavy outside garden furniture. Don't know if they are the same ship to ship.

[quote name='CocoKai']Totally agree Iceman.....I think the meat and the meat alone has been outstanding. The rest you can find in the dining room for free.

The chairs in the PG also remind me of heavy outside garden furniture. Don't know if they are the same ship to ship.[/quote]

Oh, my, the chairs! I love these handmade in Italy chairs and do not think they look anything like garden furniture. JMHO.

Personally, I love the Bvlgari table settings, the smaller setting, and the more formal atmosphere. I eat meat rarely but have been pleased with their fish dishes in general.

For us, we simply prefer the ambiance and the food is good enough to get us coming back.

[quote name='gatorbaby1']I hate obtrusive waiters, waiters should not be seen nor heard from unless there is a problem. I hate when I 'm in the middle of my conversation, and I look over and see the waiter breathing over my shoulder waiting to ask if everything is ok.[/QUOTE]

Update...the waiter at PG never asked if we needed anything,period. No offer of fresh ground pepper, he was nowhere in sight for pretty much the entire meal. If we needed something, we would have had to track him down. That's poor service.

OTOH, our waiter in the AYWD is so phenomenal, we have requested him for the entire week. It meant having to switch our preferred time around a bit (he has 7:45 table for 6 open each night), which is a little later than we'd prefer, but he's so good it's worth it. Actually, every waiter I've seen and observed in the main dining room for AYWD has been outstanding. I don't think anybody has anything to fear. The food has been fabulous as well.

We're having a wonderful time on Westerdam. It's one of our favorite ships. the only negative so far has been PG. But that's okay. We loved the specialty restaurants on Celebrity and have also experiened a less than stellar dinner, so I'm not upset by it. Everything else has been so positive it couldn't possibly dampen our enthusiasm for Westerdam.

[quote name='CocoKai']Totally agree Iceman.....I think the meat and the meat alone has been outstanding. The rest you can find in the dining room for free.

The chairs in the PG also remind me of heavy outside garden furniture. Don't know if they are the same ship to ship.[/QUOTE]

The chairs are the same in each ship category - R, V, S + class but different between them..as is the room decoration..

Have happy cruisin'!

Post script to this topic.

Two nights ago, while finishing our meal in the main dining room, an older (70's) gentleman was leaving his dinner table and stopped at ours as he was leaving. He said to my DH and me "I have to compliment you on how well behaved your children are." I answered, "oh, thank you, but they're not ours." To which he replied, "now don't be shy, you should be very proud of them. I was very reluctant to be seated at a table next to a family with young children, but yours have taught me I shouldn't prejudge children's behavior, because yours have been outstanding." It brought a smile to my face, although I'm flattered that he would think that I, at the age of 53, would have 7-year-old twins! My sister and BIL were seated at the table with us, but for some reason he thought the kids were ours. He made his comment very quietly, so my sister and BIL didn't hear what he had said. When I told them they were very pleased, needless to say. Also, there was a couple who sat next to us for several nights. They, too, commented on how well behaved the kids were. The woman said they were well behaved, but not precocious. They ordered off the regular menu every night and after giving their order to the waiter, they always said thank you. So the lesson here is that if anybody is ever seated next to my little niece and nephew at dinner, have no fear. You will enjoy your meal without interruption for poor behavior!!!LOL

Archived