Carnival Parade 4/26/08-Islander Help

sealegs9

Hi Islander. You've been helpful in the past. We followed you advice and managed to get to St. John and back!

We are on the AOS and arriving Saturday, 4/26/08. Per VINOW, the parade begins at 10AM (and lasts for 8 hours?).

We will be at Havensight. Will we be able to get a taxi to Red Hook to make it to the 9AM ferry to St. John? Will we have trouble getting a ferry back to Red Hook at 2PM? Will the traffic back to Havensight from Red Hook be bad about 3PM?

Almost thinking about booking the ship's excursion to St. John if roads will be closed.

Please help soon. Have to book excursion this week. Thanks.

Helping out Islander on this one. The parade goes no where near Havensight dock. It starts near the cemetary and works it's way on the back street behind the waterfront road and ends at the large baseball stadium. You shouldn't have any trouble getting to Red Hook and back. I would allow extra time just in case.

Helping out Islander on this one. The parade goes no where near Havensight dock. It starts near the cemetary and works it's way on the back street behind the waterfront road and ends at the large baseball stadium. You shouldn't have any trouble getting to Red Hook and back. I would allow extra time just in case.

Thanks, Laura. Is that back street behind the waterfront called "Main St"? We ended up booking a ship excursion to St. John with a boat right at Havensight.

• 4 weeks later...

A little late but the replies might help someone next year as Carnival and the parades are annual :).

Since the parade route is along Main St. in downtown Charlotte Amalie the shops there are pretty much all closed. Havensight shops are open their regular hours.

Streets downtown are Waterfront, Main Street and then Back Street. These three run more or less parrallel to each other with small alleys and roads leading between them.

--Islander

Thanks, Islander. We did the ship's snorkeling excursion to Trunk Bay and it was great. The shops were open at Havensight and unfortunately, I discovered the H. Stern "outlet" in the rear of that store :D. My pocketbook was much lighter when I left.

Archived