Amadeus, APT, Mag. Europe, power points etc

jimsmith

Thanks everybody who replies to blogs in a informative manner. I am delighted to read just the info I'm after [eg food, extras, etc}

Wife & I are 'doing' the Magnificent Europe in late October 08 - Budapest to Amsterdam. Flying ex Australia then BA Singapore -Heathrow -Budapest.

That's a worry - looking at the foul-up at Terminal 5 at Heathrow at the moment. I hope they will have it sorted by October!

Anybody have any trouble using their laptops in the cabins? I understand that the power supply is 210 - in Aust its 240 and I wonder if that will be a problem.

How about email?

I think european plugs are about 2 or 3 pins about the size of a thick toothpick, but I have seen plugs the size of a pencil. So I can bring a suitable plug - would like to know which is provided.

I think we will be travelling on the 'new' boat Amalegro.

I have spoken to someone who did that tour (Oct07) who was delighted. :)

jimsmith,

Check your laptop! There should be some sort of label indicating what power suppy is suitable (110 - 240V, 50-60Hz). Usually all laptops are o.k. with 230V. If the sign is only saying 110V you need a step-down converter.

Power outlets are round recessed outlets with for plugs with two round prongs looking like this steckdose.jpg.

steamboats

Go to any good Travel Agent in Australia and find their stand of Korjo travel accessories. Look for a pack of 3 or 4 electrical adapters and they will match the standard Aus 240v three pin plug with any foreign plug encountered around the world including on cruise ships and boats . Problem fixed.

All AMA.............. boats have Internet acess available on board (pay basis). On the newer boats all cabins have internet access . Check with APT before departing . Ditto check with APT re precise on board voltage.

jimsmith,

Didn´t see you´re from Australia.. Your laptop definitely should be o.k. with 230V.

All Amadeus Waterways ships do have an incabin entertainment system including internet access and also WiFi. Last I heard is that they don´t charge anything anymore (they used to charge for internet access in their first season introducing the Amadagio). But anyway as it´s a sattelite connection it´s not very reliable and pretty slow.

steamboats

Thanks everybody who replies to blogs in a informative manner. I am delighted to read just the info I'm after [eg food, extras, etc}

Wife & I are 'doing' the Magnificent Europe in late October 08 - Budapest to Amsterdam. Flying ex Australia then BA Singapore -Heathrow -Budapest.

That's a worry - looking at the foul-up at Terminal 5 at Heathrow at the moment. I hope they will have it sorted by October!

Anybody have any trouble using their laptops in the cabins? I understand that the power supply is 210 - in Aust its 240 and I wonder if that will be a problem.

How about email?

I think european plugs are about 2 or 3 pins about the size of a thick toothpick, but I have seen plugs the size of a pencil. So I can bring a suitable plug - would like to know which is provided.

I think we will be travelling on the 'new' boat Amalegro.

I have spoken to someone who did that tour (Oct07) who was delighted. :)

We were on the Amadagio last year Amsterdam/Budapest. We had internet access in our cabin. $5.00 per hour, back then. Slow but hey it was communication!

We absolutly loved the ship, staff and ports. You will throughly enjoy the trip.

Chesie

I intend to bring 6 kangaroos, 2 wombats and a Koala - do you think that will be a problem?

I guess DD and her classmate will take them :D . Her classmate did choose Australia as topic for her frist presentation (5 min, 2nd grade). So she needs some "objects" to show around.

I do have two little stuffed koalas from my late aunt. Real fur. If you want to bring them alive, we have a great zoo at Munich :D . I just don´t know whether we can grow enough food for the koalas over here.

steamboats

Archived