Why So Little Response To Roll Calls

DASA

I have noticed an overwhelming lack of responses to NCL roll calls. Is there any rhyme or reason for this?

Would like to meet up with new people for my roll call. I had posted on my P.O Aloha original roll call almost a year ago and now have been switched to the P.O.America and still all but one maybe response there.

When does your ship sail? Lisa and Neb started a roll call for our March 8 cruise on the Sun and I don't think anyone else joined it until a few months before we sailed. Then in the last few weeks about 50 more people joined in. I think the closer you get to sailing, the more folks who'll pop up on your roll call.

remember, only a very few of the people cruising on your ship, may be memebers of CC. the cruise in 06, we had 6 couples, 5 of them came to the meet & greet. saw them very little on the ship.

last cruise, only 3 couples were active..met a couple of more over the week. very quiet roll call.

last year's Spirit cruise had a roll call for the Aug 4 sailing. i forget how many signed up on the roll call...wasn't that many people. (and if my friends from that sailing are reading this...please recall the humor)...so we agreed to meet on the first day at sea...noon...bier garten. i specifically said i would wear a shirt with the logo in my avatar. and i think i even included a picture of myself.

in all honesty, people can get shy...so here i was...standing in the bier garten like the Captain Morgan commercial wiht my shirt on. it got to the point where nobody approached me by 12:30pm (i think others were caught up doing stuff).

well...my wife and i had our door decorated with more penn state stuff and cruise critic stuff. Sam_the_Cat left a voicemail in our cabin and we all finally met later in the week in their aft balcony suite!!! the famous Lisa was their concierge!!!

in short...some people just get shy.

I have noticed an overwhelming lack of responses to NCL roll calls. Is there any rhyme or reason for this?

Would like to meet up with new people for my roll call. I had posted on my P.O Aloha original roll call almost a year ago and now have been switched to the P.O.America and still all but one maybe response there.

The quantity of people may be less on NCL roll calls than those of other lines, but the quality of the people surpasses those on the other lines. ;)

And I think many who enjoy freestyle, may not be joiners and more appreciative of being independent

Roll calls can be very iffy things. We have had as many as 150 people join roll calls and as little 2 (counting us)

I'm assuming you mean you and your significant other, and another person when you say 2. Not you are 1 and significant other 2. LOL :D If that's the case, did you and SO post back and forth about what you would be doing and set up a meet and greet?:D

I stated a Roll call last April after I booked this year's cruise on the ship. I thought I was the only one for the longest time. Suddenly in the past few month we got a bunch of new people on our call and ,in the past 2 weeks, 4 more have joined and we are sailing on April 12. We have a total of 133 people (this included all passangers in each member's party). That isn't even a full percent of the # of passangers on the cruise. I cannot wait to meet them all. They are out of control!!! Don't fret. Some people are shy. Last year we had about 10 people show up for M&G but it was a pleasure to meet them all.

I am sure there are other's out there who will join you. You don't say when you are leaving but I think as you get closer, you will find some more memebers joining in.

You should add a note to your signature as I have below. This will let people know there is a Roll Call going and link them right to it.

Have a great cruise.:)

We have a total of 133 people (this included all passangers in each member's party). That isn't even a full percent of the # of passangers on the cruise.

Wow! That's a mighty big boat! LOL. By my calculations, the ship holds at least 13,300 passengers. Not being critical. Just thought it was funny.

Wow! That's a mighty big boat! LOL. By my calculations, the ship holds at least 13,300 passengers. Not being critical. Just thought it was funny.

Are you doing under 1% or 10%? I am not good at math, but something is funny here! LOL

By far, the biggest issue is that people do not know about CruiseCritic in the first place. Then deduct for lurkers - those that never post. Then deduct from those that do not want to identify themselves. And deduct a few non-joiners and the numbers get low.

The activity and banter that takes place on each roll call does help build things up. It does take someone to organize the Meet and Greet, and keep a list of who is coming. For our upcoming cruise, I have actually built a website that is helping grow the numbers. Did this for the Jewel two years ago and we had well over 120 people at the M&G.

If there was a DECENT FAQ at the top of the NCL Message board, it would also help. Too many people have no idea that the Roll Call is even there.

If there was a DECENT FAQ at the top of the NCL Message board, it would also help. Too many people have no idea that the Roll Call is even there.

There is a "decent" FAQ at the top of the board...just not the one authored by you. Get over it already.

PE

And then you have the moron's like myself, who frequent the roll call board, make friends, say they'll join the meet and greet even offer to make name tags for everyone................................

and then get so excited to be on board they forget to go! :eek:

There is a "decent" FAQ at the top of the board...just not the one authored by you. Get over it already.

PE

This is a repost. Not sure what happened to the last one. I will edit out the garbage that the system somehow put in there.

Anyway, sorry that Planer's Edge is having a bad day.

As others have mentioned, over 100 postings spread over six pages is not a very helpful FAQ. I was only making a comment. Gee whiz.

DASA -

A roll call just isn't for everyone.

DW and I are perfectly happy to do our own stuff on a cruise. We are not cruising to make friends for life. However, we have struck up some very nice conversations with fellow passengers. Does it matter whether they were CC members? No. In our three years on these boards we have picked out a few posters we definitely would not want to meet, much less greet. On an Atlantic crossing there is plenty of time to get to know someone we are comfortable talking to, without a roll call.

And we are not lurkers either. We have read a lot of tips here, and when we have info or pictures that we can share, we do post. (On NCL, Oceania and Azamara).

Thanks for all the quick replies.I really hope to meet some great people on board as this will be our first NCL cruise.:)

I was so accustomed to being on the other non quality people cruisers that i lost site of the fact that you have to be of upper quality to cruise NCL.

GET A LIFE MBISSON and enjoy the little people who same to cruise more then those like you who think they surpass the other 99.99 9/10 % OF THE WORLD.:mad:

Sorry for having to make such a statement but what they wrote was uncalled for.

I take it you don't understand what a ;) means in a posting. And if I'm wrong about that then maybe you are the one who needs to get a life! Correction, it's not a "maybe"!

Thanks for all the quick replies.I really hope to meet some great people on board as this will be our first NCL cruise.:)

I was so accustomed to being on the other non quality people cruisers that i lost site of the fact that you have to be of upper quality to cruise NCL.

GET A LIFE MBISSON and enjoy the little people who same to cruise more then those like you who think they surpass the other 99.99 9/10 % OF THE WORLD.:mad:

Sorry for having to make such a statement but what they wrote was uncalled for.

Monte' date=' we are so misunderstood.:rolleyes:

...[/quote']

Maybe it's just you & I today Edge!

And to the OP-honest, I'm probably one of the least likely people you could meet as far as thinking I'm better than anyone!

ROTFL-I think I'll stay out of it! :eek:

Hey Monte...I just noticed my favorite whiner is boarding the Pearl right after me. I am thinking maybe I should stick around and introduce myself. What do you think?

PE

HA.. That is funny. I was typing a quick reply and should have used a calculator. I was basing it on a 2700 passanger cruise. (So I guess that was more like 5%)

In any event, what I was trying to say was CC only makes up a small percent of the # of pasangers on any ship.

MATH SUCKS!:)

Archived