New Mom - What to Bring?

kenteecruisin

I've found so many great tips if you search on this section.. like "infant" or "baby formula"

someone else had a great tip for the convertable (foldable) car seat. Its perfect! I plan on ordering it. its rated (I think) from 5 lbs up to 80!!.

I'm gearing up for our next cruise with my family in June. I'm thinking we'll be packing just about her entire wardrobe!

We'll have to come up with a "master packing list" for babies!

I'll start..

Ziploc bags (for those esp. stinky diapers!)

I had to search your post history, but you are on Carnival Miracle?

So you may want to bring a small inflatable tub (can double as a tub and a baby pool on the deck).

Carnival does have times where Under 2's are allowed in Camp Carnival. I'll just pos the info I have on that here...

Under 2's - They are unable to accept children under the age of 2 during activity time, HOWEVER, infant - 2 year olds are welcome in the playroom each evening from 10pm - 3am and on port days (during specified times) for babysitting. A fee applies ($6 for the 1st child, $4 each additional sibling). In addition, they offer family play times where parents can come into the rooms with their Under 2's. Family playtime is available every Sea Day from 12-2pm, except the last sea day it is 1pm-3pm. During this time, only infants and their parents will be permitted into the room.

Also, what to bring - a stroller (they do rent them but I suggest bringing one you are comfortable in). They'll have high chairs in the dining room but if she is still small enough, you may want to bring a carrier car seat and put that on a chair in the dining room.

Plastic ziplocks to seal the diapers in before you throw them in the trash.

Those are just a few things off the top of my head. Definatly check out the packing list here at the Fam Board

I'd bring an infant fever reducer and a thermometer. It's possible the ship won't have any infant medication, and heaven forbid she gets sick in, for example, Belize. I'd also bring any other edicines that could conceivably be needed and are appropriate for that age - it's been a few years since I had a little one that age, and it's amazing how quickly you forget! :(

Also, what about the special infant's sunscreen? I think you are able to put sunscreen on children 6+ months?:confused: Even if you are keeping her mostly in the shade, there may be times when she'll be in the sun (on a tender for example), plus the reflection of the sun off the water and sand could be a factor.

I second the ziplock bags. If you use special overnight diapers, bring enough for the whole trip (I've yet to see them outside the US - but then I haven't looked in a few years! :p). The overnight diapers are also good for flights or longish car trips.

I'd always carry at least two complete changes of clothing with us.

If you use formula, and haven't tried the powdered form, you might want to consider it. That way, with bottled water, you can make a fresh batch of formula wherever you are and whatever you are doing, and you don't have to lug the pre-made stuff around. I used to measure it out and put it in a "snack" size ziplock. Snip the end, pour it into the bottle, add water and you're good to go!

HTH, and have a great cruise!:)

Some friends of ours travelled with their 5-month-old and here are some of the things I noticed that they used a lot:

Stroller: They'd put her in it during dinner and with a dangling toy hanging on it she was pretty much good to go.

Baby Bjorn or other carrier: They used this all over the place.

Nursing-related items if you'll be nursing

TONS of diapers

They brought their own baby food for her (I think she was just starting solids at the time)

Archived