Grand Cayman

flextime

Wife and I love to free lance on the islands. Will be arriving in Georgetown at 7:30 am. We are looking to avoid our brothers and sisters rush to Sting Ray City. :eek: Hoping to do Stingray city in early AM and then get lost on 7 mile beach for the remainder of the day. Looking for best folks off the ship to tie in with or precontact. Are there folks that charter small boat trips to sting ray city or is everything the Cat boats with 20 - 40. Thanks for your assistance.

Cruise on :D

Here's what I'd do... rent yourself a Jeep from Cayman Auto, right there close to the pier, and drive over to Rum Point for the day! The beach is fantastic, the chairs are FREE and there are things to do there! Rent a waverunner or a kayak from Red Sail Sports, or take their glass bottom boat out to Stingray City. Rum Point is never crowded during the week, but a beautiful spot to enjoy a day at the beach! Grill and bar there too! You'll have a great day!

Rum Point is never crowded during the week

That's not necessarily true. With more and more excursions planning a stop there, including some ship-booked excursions, along with all of the CC members who advertise it to all and sundry ;) I've seen a few days where Rum Point was just as crowded (if not more crowded) than Seven Mile Beach. Part of the problem is that Rum Point has a much smaller section of beach, so even a moderate number of visitors can make the place feel very crowded...

do you dive? we went with soto's to sting ray city (long ago). i think their boat only held 20 max & they gave us containers of squid to feed the sting rays. we sat on the bottom while the rays circled overhead - pretty cool.

Are there private boat operators that will charter for 2 - 3 hours to sting ray city and then one of the reefs and back to 7 mile beach? We will be in GC on April 22, 2008 What I have read so far seems best option is depart boat and deal with those on the dock. If water sports are locked down we will head to 7 mile beach and get lost somewhere. If not do the rays then head to 7 mile beach.

I dive,wife does not so I'm being a good boy and not leaving her on the beach. Contacted GC cruise excursions and yet to receive a response. How can one complain being dropped in paradise no matter what the island :)

thanks for your thoughts

Archived