Best way to get from JFK to Manhatton

patncl

what time are you coming in? Most times its just as easy to get a yellow cab which costs $45.00 plus toll and tips. Supershuttle is about $15.00 per person www.supershuttle.com some people say super shuttle is fine but some don't. A car service will cost about the same as a yellow cab which you can prearrange at www.carmellimo.com

and finally if by "best" you mean the cheapest you can take the airtrain to Jamaic astation and take the subway and walk the rest for about $7.00 per person. Me I take a cab....

what time are you coming in? Most times its just as easy to get a yellow cab which costs $45.00 plus toll and tips. Supershuttle is about $15.00 per person www.supershuttle.com some people say super shuttle is fine but some don't. A car service will cost about the same as a yellow cab which you can prearrange at www.carmellimo.com

and finally if by "best" you mean the cheapest you can take the airtrain to Jamaic astation and take the subway and walk the rest for about $7.00 per person. Me I take a cab....

Thanks for all the info....my concern is there is 4 of us and all of our "stuff":eek: we will be arriving around 2:45 PM

Thanks for all the info....my concern is there is 4 of us and all of our "stuff":eek: we will be arriving around 2:45 PM

If you have 4 people and luggage I would use Super Shuttle as their vans are big enough to handle all of you and your luggage. I think one private sedan wouldn't be big enough to handle four folks and luggage. Any alternative requiring the monorail to jamaica and then the LIRR is a non starter with all that luggage. I looked on line for super shuttle (I don't own stock I just have used them in the past and found them reliable) and it looks like the first guest is $21 and each additional guest is $11. Frankly this seems incredibly inexpensive so I hope I filled in the rate quote calculator correctly.

If you have 4 people and luggage I would use Super Shuttle as their vans are big enough to handle all of you and your luggage. I think one private sedan wouldn't be big enough to handle four folks and luggage. Any alternative requiring the monorail to jamaica and then the LIRR is a non starter with all that luggage. I looked on line for super shuttle (I don't own stock I just have used them in the past and found them reliable) and it looks like the first guest is $21 and each additional guest is $11. Frankly this seems incredibly inexpensive so I hope I filled in the rate quote calculator correctly.

Thanks everyone for thier replies. When I went to super shuttles it gave me a price of $19 per person to out Manhatton hotel. I ended up going with Carmel car and limo and got a private van for $60 total! What a deal:D

Thanks everyone for thier replies. When I went to super shuttles it gave me a price of $19 per person to out Manhatton hotel. I ended up going with Carmel car and limo and got a private van for $60 total! What a deal:D

You are welcome!

We are flying out of JFK the first part of September (coming from the West Coast) and thought we'd come in a few days early-th end of August and sightsee. How hot and muggy is it then??

Also-does anyone know the best transportation from Long Island Islip airport to JFK??

thanks

Terri

We are flying out of JFK the first part of September (coming from the West Coast) and thought we'd come in a few days early-th end of August and sightsee. How hot and muggy is it then??

Also-does anyone know the best transportation from Long Island Islip airport to JFK??

thanks

Terri

Hard to predict the weather exactly. If we are having a heat wave it could be hot and muggy but it is just as likely that the weather will be fine.

I can't imagine why you need to go from Islip to JFK but the simplest way to do it would be to get a one way car rental from Islip and leaving the car at JFK. Should be about an hour drive depending on traffic. Sunday night traffic in the summer could be brutal with folks returning from the Hamptions.

Hi Bob-we have free tickets on Southwest and they only fly into Islip. Our flight to Budapest leaves from JFK. Maybe we'll just stay in Manhattan like we planned a few days early-hopefully the weather won't be too warm.

Thanks for the info..

Terri

Archived