Illuminated Rome by night tour recommendations?

Hi,

My son and I are considering a nighttime tour of Rome on our first day there. We fly into Rome airport around 12:30pm and figure by the time we finally get to our hotel, nap, shower and eat, a tour of Rome all lit up will be a great way to start our trip.

Has anyone done this before and if so, which tour would you suggest?

I'm wondering if jetlag will prevent us from enjoying a walking tour and if we should hire someone like Romecabs instead? Or will we be too tired altogether to enjoy it and just put it off until another night ? We'll also be there mid-July...busy season I know but only time we could go.

Any input would be helpful...thanks in advance!

I suggest you go with a private tour like Rome Cabs. I don't think you will be too tired. We flew into Rome last year, arrived about 10.00 am & went on a 4 hour tour at 1pm. Excitement replaced jet lag & we enjoyed our tour so much. Later on in our trip we took the night time tour & it is beautiful beyond description.

Europeans eat late and during the summer it will probably be light until 9PM. If your hotel is in the center you can easily walk to see Trevi or the Pantheon. The streets will be filled with tourists as well as locals and part of the fun is to immerse yourself in the atmosphere. Get a good map and try it on your own. Spend the guide $$$$$ on a great dinner instead. On another night cross the Ponte Girabaldi or Ponte Sisto and enjoy the great restaurants in Trastevere.

Marty

Most definatly do it! By the time like you said, shower, settle in, nap etc. you will be chomping at the bit to see Rome and what better way than with Stefano with Rome Cabs, his company will not disapoint!

We did this one night with his company, a lady he sent to us, she was crazy but in a fun way. The way she drove down some of those small crooked streets especially where the Trevi Fountain was- all lit up it was spectacular!

Thank you all for your comments.

I've read somewhere that Romecabs does a short night tour for 50 euros per hour? That way we could get a nice ride around the city, let out at Trevi Fountain(to throw coins of course) and walk back to our hotel from there(located near Pantheon). Does that sound doable?

The night walking tours sound wonderful but I don't know if I'll be up to do three hours of walking on my first night there...jet leg and my 44 yr old bones are not a good mix. ;)

Thanks!

Mom from NC

If you decide to go with the Rome Cabs tour you can e-mail Stefano at romecabs@yahoo.com & he will give you a price quote. It's best to make your reservation as soon as possible since they book up fast. You should be able to walk from Trevi Fountain back to Pantheon area with no problems. Enjoy your time in Rome!!!!!!!!!!

If you decide to go with the Rome Cabs tour you can e-mail Stefano at romecabs@yahoo.com & he will give you a price quote. It's best to make your reservation as soon as possible since they book up fast. You should be able to walk from Trevi Fountain back to Pantheon area with no problems. Enjoy your time in Rome!!!!!!!!!!

Just sent Stefano an email. Thanks!

Archived