Fuel supplement to be refunded

PaulMedik

I booked our May cruise Nov. 1 so before the fuel surcharge announcement was made. I did not get the email about the fuel surcharge until Nov. 21. I thought that was pretty cruddy of Carnival. But I also used a Carnival customer service person and not a PVP because we got rid of her, she was terrible. I am cruising in a month and hope this is taken care of by then. I just looked at my booking and under credit there is a 0. Should I call before our cruise to assure we get the credit?

to all you this was the e-mail we travel agents received yesterday from carnival, hope this can help !

March 31, 2008

Dear Travel Agent:

We wanted to advise you that Carnival Corporation & plc has announced a voluntary refund of the company’s fuel supplement for applicable U.S. bookings that were made prior to November 7, 2007 under an agreement with the Florida Attorney General’s Office. The fuel supplement, announced November 7, 2007, was applied to all U.S. bookings for voyages departing on or after February 1, 2008 for cruises on Carnival Cruise Lines, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn.

The company will now refund the fuel supplement for those guests who were already booked at the time the supplement was announced. Refunds for affected guests will be implemented based on cruise departure date according to the following schedule:

• For cruises departing on or prior to April 4, 2008, guests will receive a refund in the same form they used to purchase their cruise;
  • For cruises departing from April 5, 2008 through June 23, 2008, guests will receive an on-board credit;

• For cruises departing on or after June 24, 2008, guests’ bookings will be adjusted to eliminate the fuel supplement.

The fuel supplement remains in effect for all bookings made on or after November 7, 2007. The $5 per person per day fuel supplement applies only to the first and second guests in a stateroom and will not exceed $70 per person per voyage. Also, at the time the fuel supplement was announced, travel agents whose clients had existing reservations were offered $10 per booking in administrative compensation for notifying those clients of the supplement and that compensation will continue to be provided.

We also want to thank you for your continued support for all our brands.

We appreciate your business and look forward to providing your clients with great cruise vacations.

Sincerely,

janderson.gif

Jack Anderson

Vice President – Corporate Marketing

bharber.gif

Bill Harber

Director of Corporate Marketing

I booked my 2/2/2008 cruise April 2007. I paid a $500.00 deposit with my credit card. I paid for the rest with a check around Nov. 16th. Will I get a refund? will it be credit card or check???

No wonder why my 1/25/09 Victory cruise went up $100.00 Yesterday!!! I was psyked that I booked last Thurs.:D

I booked my 2/2/2008 cruise April 2007. I paid a $500.00 deposit with my credit card. I paid for the rest with a check around Nov. 16th. Will I get a refund? will it be credit card or check???

No wonder why my 1/25/09 Victory cruise went up $100.00 Yesterday!!! I was psyked that I booked last Thurs.:D

yes you will be refunded...! you made the reservation long before7nov.

Congratulations Carnival cruisers! I am soooo happy for you. Big pat on the back to all of you who made a complaint to the AG, and stuck by your position against the naysayers who tried to tell you that future fuel surcharges had been properly disclosed.

It's amazing how fees are accessed per person in the cabin, but when they give you credits, it's based on one person per cabin. Truly amazing.
It is based on per person per cabin up to the first two per cabin. As was originally charged.....;) ;)

That means if two people were on a 7 night cruise it would be $35 per person or $70 per cabin......:cool:

Ok. Here is one I havent seen yet. I paid the fuel surcharge, sailed in March, but here is the kicker, the credit card that I paid the cruise with I paid off and cancelled last month. It no longer exists. So will they just try and let if slip, or do you think they will mail me a check. I have cruised 4x with Carnival and they definitely have my address. What do you think?

Ok. Here is one I havent seen yet. I paid the fuel surcharge, sailed in March, but here is the kicker, the credit card that I paid the cruise with I paid off and cancelled last month. It no longer exists. So will they just try and let if slip, or do you think they will mail me a check. I have cruised 4x with Carnival and they definitely have my address. What do you think?
Call who you booked this through...TA/Carnival.......and explain.....no other option.....;)

I used Expedia, they always seem to have best price. Have used them for years and never had any problems, but I will call them, and see what they say. Maybe I can get a credit for my July cruise which still has a small balance.

In that case just call Carnival first and explain the situation......;)Tell them to send you a check....

Thank you, do you have insomnia like me, lol
It is a curse...have it most of the time........I can fall asleep in my easy chair for one hour at 8:00 at night and feel like I've slept for 12 hours. I can go for three days with 7 to 8 hours sleep total. It comes and goes......

Thats exactly what I do!!! Fall asleep about 7 for an hour, then wake up and stay up til 3 or 4!!!! It sucks! Been going on for about 2 years. They say older you get the less sleep you need, but hey, thats one of my favorite things!!! At least maybe I could blame mine on menopause..........

Thats exactly what I do!!! Fall asleep about 7 for an hour, then wake up and stay up til 3 or 4!!!! It sucks! Been going on for about 2 years. They say older you get the less sleep you need, but hey, thats one of my favorite things!!! At least maybe I could blame mine on menopause..........
Yikes..taboo subject.....I've always wondered why someone named it "men"-o-pause.......:eek:

Because at that age in a woman's life, she can actually "pause and think about all the men she has raised", lol
I am going to behave...but you might want to rethink the way you worded that.......:eek:

Archived