Solo Travel on Disney Wonder

Sueil33

I just booked a 4 night Bahama cruise on Disney Wonder for just myself....I have traveled on my own in the past and had a good time. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with singles traveling on the Disney line? I am assuming that most of the guests will be families but I was curious to see if anyone had any experiences to share about traveling solo on Disney.

I did the 4 day Wonder trip by myself on 2/24/08. LOVED it!

Here's my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=731161

In general, my overall thoughts were that it was an excellent trip. Yes there are a lot of families, but if you don't mind kiddos you'll be alright.

Although I loved my table mates, I felt more as if I was seated at a table that needed to fill one seat as opposed to trying to match me to tablemates that were complimentary *shrugs*.

I found a ton of stuff going on all over the ship! Loved the deck 4 outside promenade. The Cove Cafe was comfy and nice, too.

Overall people were *very* friendly, and there were lots of adults who were traveling without kids. I have no problem going up to somebody and asking if I can share a table if none are available. Was often invited to have lunch/drinks/whatever with people. I ended up hanging out with a father and daughter at Atlantis.

As a solo you can more easily find seats at the shows as you just need one seat as opposed to many. I always was walking into the show with only a minute or two to spare and never had trouble finding a seat.

The ship and CC were VERY safe and I always felt safe walking around.

Don't be afraid to get up there and join in with the dance parties and make a fool of yourself, everybody does. (of course I've lost almost any sense of embarassment since I started teaching as frequently I have to end up making a fool of myself to make a point, and public speaking is no problem anymore ;))

Please feel free to ask me ANYTHING about the solo experience, I'll happily respond.

On our first DCL cruise we were seated with a grandson and a Grandpa. The teenage grandson tended to take off to do his own thing so Grandpa was often alone. We loved this man! He was unobtrusive and very sweet. We would often look for him when we were at an event and have him join us or we would join him. When we did the character breakfast the cutie waited for us to be seated together. He added something very special to our cruise. I hope we find another solo traveler on our next cruise!

I'm trying to decide whether to join a group cruise next spring on the Magic. I've always wanted to try DCL, but it's a tough sell when a cat 12, 7 night will be $300 more than my last cruise which was 9 nights, concierge class with a balcony on Celebrity.

Yeah, we just completed a concierge class on X with one of the penthouse CC cabins with the extra long (fit 2 lounges, 2 chairs and 2 tables!)balconies. That cruise was actually free, but the year prior it was $799 each. Bargain.

DCL is $$. We don't do it unless it is a pretty good deal. So we are cruising in hurricane season! We enjoy both cruise lines for different reasons.

My solo trip in Feb cost me around $1000. I'm paying the same for my 7 day trip on CCL. That being said, it was worth every penny. I needed a break from New England and got it. Sometimes I sit and think it would have been better to do a week long on another vessel, but I wouldn't trade my DCL cruise for the world. CC is worth it alone. If they offered a week stay at CC I'd sooo take it.

I used Disney for transports to and from the port. It was easier that way. I arranged my air myself, however Disney can do that for you. I got tix on Jetblue for only $250. Disney can arrange your airfare, but I like to deal with my own personally.

You will be fine and have a great cruise. I took my 11 year old on the Wonder last November. She loved the kids camp activities so much and I spent a lot of time solo. I had fun, enjoyed the adult Route 66 area and met some great people. You will be assigned a table for dinner. My daughter joined me only for the night at Animators Palate. I enjoyed my 4 other table mates and had a nice time.

Archived