Kid's Night Dinners at AO

SaratogaTrunk

We're trying to figure out what night to book Portofinos...

Does anyone know what evenings the Adventure Ocean Program offers the Kid's Nights dinners? :confused:.

I'm not sure if my younger two (ages 10 and 11.5) would truly enjoy the dining experience-- DH and I might deem this our "romantic dinner." ;) Also-- looks like the minimum age for Portofinos is 13....

I can't speak for all RCCL cruises, but on ours, they did the kids night dinners on the two formal nights plus one more for a total of 3 on a 9 night cruise. If they can go to the kids club, they can go to the AO dinner (so, 3 years old and potty trained). You drop them off at Johnny Rockets, where they'll have dinner with the AO staff, and after dinner, they all go back to AO where you'll pick them up. On port days, they would also take them to the Windjammer for lunch if you leave them in AO during that time. Hope this helps!

It should be one at least on one formal night and then one regular night. I have the compasses uploaded at the link in my signature so you can look at other ships but it does depend on itinerary.

On the night we went to Portofino, I took the kids to the WJ for dinner. Then they went to camp at 6:45pm and we went to dinner at 7pm. So you don't need to wait for a Johnny Rockets night. :)

born4cruisin - Dr DNA is right, it's 3 years old for the youngest that can go to AO dinner.

If you book Portofino's past 7pm, the kids can just be at the Kids Club. Have your hubby take them to the Windjammer for dinner before that so you can have the room to yourself to get ready. I actually recommend this for a nice quiet dinner. It is nice to have a 7:30 reservation and watch the sunset as well.

Most 7 night cruises offer AO dinners on both formal nights. If their is a 3rd night, it is usually one another day at sea or if there is a port that you are docked in past 7pm. All my daughter wants to do is eat with the kids club. We found ourselves having many nights eating alone. But she is still young and is with us all the time. Once she gets older and ventures off on her own on the cruises, I will force her to eat with us everynight - to her dismay!:D

HTH

Archived