Just back on 3/30/08 from Pearl 9 day

Quithan

If you realized that the wrong people are paying the price...then why in the hell did you do it? Please don't go on another cruise, because I'm sure something else minuscule (Yes, I think a $25 onboard credit is minuscule) will happen and you will be using the crew's tips as "hostage". I am happy that a crew member was able to read your post and respond appropriately.

And this is from that crew member's blog. While not on the same ship, it is horrifying to know that crew goes above and beyond and then can get stiffed by jerks!!! Karen, I thought your response was excellent!

My coworker was refreshing the breadson the buffet tonight when a guest came up and asked her if she had thisspecific type of bread. Mycoworker said “no but it will be ready in 15 minutes” and the guest said “okbut can you deliver it to my room?” and my coworker took down her informationand agreed. My coworker’s job isto stock the bread and the sushi station so this was way out of her jobdescription but she agreed happily. 15 minutes later the bread arrived and my coworker found a pretty metaltray and placed the bread on it with all types of toppings in little bowls fromolives, hummus, roasted red peppers and slices of cheese. She topped it off with a glass bowl inthe middle of diced tomatoes and a balsamic dip. She was really proud of thisexcellent looking dish and abandoned her station at the risk of getting introuble to go deliver this to the guest in her cabin. When she knocked on the cabin door the woman answered andsaid “you said it would be 15 minutes 20 minutes ago so I don’t want it” andslammed the door. My coworker hadto throw out the entire thing and you could tell her feelings were hurt.

And this is from that crew member's blog. While not on the same ship, it is horrifying to know that crew goes above and beyond and then can get stiffed by jerks!!! Karen, I thought your response was excellent!

My coworker was refreshing the breadson the buffet tonight when a guest came up and asked her if she had thisspecific type of bread. Mycoworker said “no but it will be ready in 15 minutes” and the guest said “okbut can you deliver it to my room?” and my coworker took down her informationand agreed. My coworker’s job isto stock the bread and the sushi station so this was way out of her jobdescription but she agreed happily. 15 minutes later the bread arrived and my coworker found a pretty metaltray and placed the bread on it with all types of toppings in little bowls fromolives, hummus, roasted red peppers and slices of cheese. She topped it off with a glass bowl inthe middle of diced tomatoes and a balsamic dip. She was really proud of thisexcellent looking dish and abandoned her station at the risk of getting introuble to go deliver this to the guest in her cabin. When she knocked on the cabin door the woman answered andsaid “you said it would be 15 minutes 20 minutes ago so I don’t want it” andslammed the door. My coworker hadto throw out the entire thing and you could tell her feelings were hurt.

Some people have no class at all. If I crewmember did that for me I would be thrilled.

Dear OP, Thank you for taking the time to share your cruise experience even though it ended in controversy. Since I live in a glass house for today, I will not throw rocks at you. Instead, I only hope your furious PH is able to see the bigger picture of having the tips removed. Will you show everyone's responses here to him? If not, then I hope you see the bigger picture. Take care in your future choices,

coka

More like "accounting made a mistake on his/her check and they voided the whole paycheck OF SOMEONE ELSE out of principal". There are some words that I could use to fit that behavior, but I'd probably be thrown off the boards!

How would they like it, accounting made a mistake on his/her check and they voided the whole paycheck out of principal.

Nancy

I am just in a state of shock after reading this thread. yes, I would be upset if I were supposed to get the OBC and didn't. I don't think I would be furious because I have seen too many time when these things do not come through. That is why I make certain anything I am supposed to get is in writing. So over $25 you may not sail NCL again and you are making others, who depend on you and me for survival suffer. What if 100 people on the ship did the same thing that week? Think of how those who you admit served you well have suffered because of your wanting to get even. How immature is that? It is ok for you to smuggle booze on board and then let everyone know, it is nice that someone took to your son so you were able to get reservations and you admit to having a wonderful cruise but someone is rude to you (of course your husband wasn't rude, just furious) and you think it is ok to do what you did. What were you thinking?

Nita

Archived