Vancouver airport ?

We are staying in Vancouver for a few days post cruise at the Westin Grand. I just found out that Delta has changed our flight on Wednesday morning to a 5:40a flight. What time should we leave the hotel to get to the airport?

I would suggest 3:00am. Traffic will be very light so you should be just over

30 minutes from the hotel. However, you will still have to go through all of

the normal formalities - US Immigration, US Customs, US Security. Although these

lines may not be as long as they will be later in the day, they may also not be fully staffed

at that time, so the total time to clear may not be reduced significantly.

This morning, there were 6 flights to the US departing before 6:30am.

I agree with C-to-Sea on the timing, however be you should be aware that cabs are not necessarily in abudance and anytime and particularly at that early hour. So you may want to phone down to the bell desk when you get up and have them order a cab for you. What did you do to make Delta so mad at you?

I would think at that time of morning you might be closer to 15 minutes not 30 for the drive. Wahoo, an extra 15 minutes of sleep. :D

Definitely have the bell desk call a taxi for you when you awake.

Enjoy your stay.

Wow! That's a flight I haven't taken!

I book my taxi the night before and verify in the morning before departure.

Leaving your hotel 2 hours before an international flight takes off is not enough time.

As bad as it sounds, I would get to the airport earlier. As is frequently discussed on the Alaska topic under Ports of Call, the lines can be long and nasty.

After you get through the lines, there is food service available in the general area of the gates, but I have no idea what is open that early.

Leaving your hotel 2 hours before an international flight takes off is not enough time.

If they leave their hotel a 3:am and even if it did take 40 mins they would be there at 3:40 for a 5:40 flight. C to Sea has the logistics perfectly. Heck he even knows how many US bound flights took off from YVR before 6:30 this morning.

Thanks for all your help. I was definately planning on getting the hotel to help me arrange a taxi. Good idea to do it the night before and then confirm in the morning.

I am not sure why Delta hates me :rolleyes: , but this is the third time the flight has changed, so who knows what it will be by then; the flight home isn't until June 18.

If they leave their hotel a 3:am and even if it did take 40 mins they would be there at 3:40 for a 5:40 flight. C to Sea has the logistics perfectly. Heck he even knows how many US bound flights took off from YVR before 6:30 this morning.

If there are 6 flights departing YVR @ 6:30am, I would want to be there earlier. Unlike most flights that people are used to, you need to clear US Immigration/Customs which can add 30-60 minutes to the process between checkin and actually reaching the gate.

CHECKIN -> US IMMIGRATION/CUSTOMS -> DROP LUGGAGE -> SECURITY -> GATE WAITING AREA

Archived