24day Classical Worlds Cruise

RANCHOVISTA

Hello all HAL cruisers of the world. Need a little help locating some info on the following cities in Europe. Split, Croatia; Dardanelles; Mykonos, Greece; Argostoll, Cephalonia, Greece; & Catania, Sicily. We will be leaving Venice on Sept. 17th '08 aboard the Zuiderdam. I've checked Cruise Critic boards, but unable to locate info on the above areas. Thank you all in advance for any and all help you can give us. Happy and safe sailing to all of you.

Hello all HAL cruisers of the world. Need a little help locating some info on the following cities in Europe. Split, Croatia; Dardanelles; Mykonos, Greece; Argostoll, Cephalonia, Greece; & Catania, Sicily. We will be leaving Venice on Sept. 17th '08 aboard the Zuiderdam. I've checked Cruise Critic boards, but unable to locate info on the above areas. Thank you all in advance for any and all help you can give us. Happy and safe sailing to all of you.

Hi,

Some of these are not cities.

Split is in Yugoslavia on the west coast (Adriatic Sea), Catania is on the east coast of Sicily. The Dardanelles is the area (Straits, 28 miles of water) between Europe and Asia off the coast of Istanbul Turkey, I believe Mykonos is a Greek Island, one of the Cyclades, and Croatia is a Republic, Dubrovnik is the city. Sorry I can't help you with the rest.

GN

Catania is in Sicily, I believe it's south of Taormina.

Tripadvisors as well as VirtualTourist are great websites to get information on those ports. GoogleEarth is also a great tool for preparing for you amazing cruise!

Hi,

Some of these are not cities.

Split is in Yugoslavia on the west coast (Adriatic Sea), Catania is on the east coast of Sicily. The Dardanelles is the area (Straits, 28 miles of water) between Europe and Asia off the coast of Istanbul Turkey, I believe Mykonos is a Greek Island, one of the Cyclades, and Croatia is a Republic, Dubrovnik is the city. Sorry I can't help you with the rest.

GN

I visited Split last year and it was definitely in Croatia.....

Greetings to you!

Dave and I will be on this cruise also. Yippee!! I've picked up a lot of info on the Ports of Call section of the CC boards. Look under the Europe section and then select the Eastern and Western Mediterrean.

Also, head on over to the Roll Call sections. Lots of info there.

Cheers,

Spoely (aka Spoely)

This may come up as a double post, but we want to thank all of you who responded to our question. We need to do more research, and we have plenty of time to do so. We are sure looking forward to our Med. cruise in Sept. We will be posting soon on the "Roll Call" site. Happy and safe cruising to all of you.

Jeff

We're on the same cruise (see the Roll Call for all of us so far). I've found many books in the library that have been wonderful in planning this...also, Rick Steve's DVDs (or VHS tapes) on the areas have been great.

Just search the internet, also, and you'll come up with everything from photos to travelogs.

We're really looking forward to this trip!

See you on board!

Jan

Archived