Room service tipping

Cuizer2

This was posted yesterday. Do you remember what yesterday was??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am slow... sorry. Just got it

DUH

DUH

Not one person at work mentioned it was April Fools day so i didnt really think about it!!!!!:p :D

I am fortunate to live near Port Canaveral and when the ships are in, we see many crew members in Wal Mart, and the Mall. They are spending dollars and will always use bills. Coins to most cashiers throw them, bills always spend. Keep your coins for posterity!!!:D

I think for people in the service industries the One Dollar coins can be a pain when you get them as tips.

In Canada we are accustomed to them and no one has a choice....you get a $ tip you get a coin.....you get a $2 tip you get a coin! After a days shopping you come home with a heavy pocket of 'scrap metal' !!!

But once the paper US $ disappears they'll get accustomed to it...just like we did.

When the $2 coin came out a lot of people called them "bear butts" because the flip side of the coin has a Polar Bear on it.

First it was tipping with those cool 2 dollar bills and now the new coin. If the system works don't fix it. How do we know if their soda machines onboard will take those new coins? If I was a crew member, I would prefer to see more of the green stuff then coins.

Fred

I have a suggestion for all of you who think money is money and that it is "cool" to tip the workers in unusual money.

The next time you are in a foreign port, go try to spend it. Some may be in walmart in the us, but not everyone gets to get off the boat in us ports.

I spend a good part of my life "down south" and would move there if I could work in my profession but I can't speak spanish so that will not happen, but anyway, they are suspicious of unusual money there as they probably should be. They will not even take a torn $20 because the bank will reject it.

The dollar coins and the $2 bills are legal tender and they will be able to use them at some point, but you are tipping them for the hard work they did, why make them work hard to spend it?

Archived