Ecstacy Propulsion Problems???

Some of the post I've been reading recently have mentioned the Ecstacy having propulsion issues. Has anyone heard whats going on with this ...how long has it been an issue...and is it something they can fix without disrupting scheduled cruises?? Also, do cruise ships have regular scheduled downtime at certain intervals for maintenance? I just assume they would, but you know what can happen when you assume . It seems they run them a lot....was just curious... :)

Some of the post I've been reading recently have mentioned the Ecstacy having propulsion issues. Has anyone heard whats going on with this ...how long has it been an issue...and is it something they can fix without disrupting scheduled cruises?? Also, do cruise ships have regular scheduled downtime at certain intervals for maintenance? I just assume they would, but you know what can happen when you assume . It seems they run them a lot....was just curious... :)

The Ecstasy was late getting back yesterday (didn't arrive until noon) due to propulsion problems. They got her fixed and she sailed around 6pm (2 hours late)

They do undergo annual maintenance when they go into dry dock usually for 2 to 3 weeks.

I read a thread earlier today that said the Inspiration was having propulsion problems and was headed back to Tampa

Yes, we did not arrive until after 12:00 noon. Carnival was great and continued full food service, entertainment, etc. We feel as if we got a "free" half day, but those who missed flights didn't share our happiness. Plus, those waiting to board were equally annoyed.

Rumor on the dock is they board engineers and fix en route. I hope they were successful. My fear would be my trip to Mexico would turn into a tour of the Gulf.

It was the smallest, shortest, lowest star ship on which we have sailed, but we thoroughly enjoyed the food and accomodations. Entertainment left something to be desired, but it is not a high priority on our list.

We did not share in the enthusiasm of being provided an extended vacation due to the "technical difficulties". We had to drive back to Fort Worth. I had no idea it was due to propulsion problems. I thought the food and entertainment was not the best.

Archived