Hotel for pre-cruise

TiggerInNY

Holiday Inn port of Miami, directly across the street from Bayside Marketplace which has all kinds of shops and restaurants,etc. The hotels bookings will open up 330 days before and with the popularity of this hotel I would suggest you book it asap.

The hotel offers a nice breakfast buffet.

On line I was able to book it a year in advance once. ;)

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there twice and will always stay there when sailing from Miami. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested. I paid $219.72 total for 2 nights in a September month.

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...questid=810278

Here is a site showing you the Marketplace and what it has to offer.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

we stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Blue Lagoon.. awesome location, across from many fast food restuarants, a walgreens, cvs pharmacy, a grocery and liqour store and gas station. . nice hot breakfast and free airport shuttle. was $10 per person for their shuttle to the port.

I know of someone who stayed at the LaQuinta Airport East and said it was fine.. they have a free airport and port shuttle.. said the port shuttle was like a bus.. fit about 50 people and they said it worked fine for them.. only one restuarant a few blocks away.. nothing else in that area. hope all that info helps.

Cruising out of Miami in Dec. Thought LaQuinta Miami Airport East looked convenient. Free Airport Transportation and free shuttle to the port. Anyone stay here?

We just stayed there last week. It's a very nice LaQuinta and there's a Bennigan's Restaurant adjacent to the hotel. We got in late and ordered delivery from one of the menus in the room.

The transportation was good, but I suggest that you call the hotel from your cell phone and not from the bank of phones in the baggage claim area. I could barely hear what the person said and we ended up waiting in the wrong area :eek: . They'll pick you up on the 2nd floor of the airport, not the 1st! They did have a large bus to take people to all the ships at 11 AM on cruise day.

If you're just looking for an inexpensive, clean place to sleep, this is a good choice.

Archived