Pay for CruiseCal.com?

cuestic66

You have to pay for cruisecal now? That really bites!! I like checking out where the ships are and checking out the ports, but I'm not gonna pay just to look on the computer. Call me cheap but thats just the way I am. Any comments on this?

You have to pay for cruisecal now? That really bites!! I like checking out where the ships are and checking out the ports, but I'm not gonna pay just to look on the computer. Call me cheap but thats just the way I am. Any comments on this?

You are correct. I guess they thought their info was worth it.

It isn't worth it to me....

Is there any other site that has that information?

I do like knowing how many other ships will be on port the same day as mine, but I can certainly live without it.

Here is a link to port schedules,

http://www.cruiseclues.com/portschedules.htm

Im not aware of any sites that were set up like Brian's.

At $24.95 a year....Im just not sure how many takers he will get. Or did he sell his site to someone??? I know it was getting a ton of traffic.

Won't pay for it either. I will go back to the old way and just check the cruise lines websites. Krooz Cams tried this one time and no one would pay for the site. I also don't understand the charge for Cruise Cal as they have advertisers. If you don't sign up by May the price is fifty bucks a year. No way.

Blame cruisedeckplans.com they started the trend.

Cruiscal is a one guy shop and a labor of love. Maybe his hosting services was getting to be more then he could justify paying.

That is a shame, I use to be a member of a camping message board site that decided to charge as they thought people would pay. When only about 10% paid they ended up closing down the site.

I am sure someone will come forward with a replacement.

At least with Cruise Deck Plans, it's a one time fee and you never have to pay again - and there are still options if you don't pay.

Are we sure this isn't an April Fools Joke that hasn't been reset yet? Or maybe that's just wishful thinking...

Definitely a mistake. Maybe traffic on their server was really high - but there are things you can do to help defray costs. And if they are selling ad space it's nervy of them to charge for access too.

Yeah. Start your own, and see if YOU like doing it for nothing.

I doubt those ads were covering all his costs.

He is a member of this board, so maybe he will see this thread and post a comment.

Like i said people would probably donate a few bucks here and there to help out, but i have used it twice. Would i pay 50 dollars for the info i wanted? No

Thats just me, i wish him luck with his new buisness.

Archived