Open Seating with a Group

Has anyone done open seating with a large group? We have 21 people in our group and would like to try open seating, but what are concerned about not being able to sit together. I got an email saying we could make reservations each morning, but if anyone has any experience with this, i would love to hear how it went.

Thanks

No experience, just guessing.

If RCI does it the same way Princess does, they fill tables in sections. When you show up and tell them how many, if there are not enuf seats left in the "current section", I would think they would start a new section for you. I mean, within a few minutes they would likely have to open a new section anyway.

If possible, tho, when you know approx time you want to eat, call ahead. Even 15 minutes ahead could help. You could of course make a res in the morning, or a standing reservation for the week, but I think that's probably unnecessary UNLESS you anticipate wanting to always eat at Prime Time.

Have never did this but if you make a reservation each morning I don't see why you should have any problems.

That was what i was thinking/hoping too. I think the majority of the group would like to eat around 7:30 each night rather than 6 or 8:30 like on the normal fixed seating so it shouldnt be a problem calling ahead each morning and telling them that. We are going to cal the TA today and see what they recommend.

If this is the biggest thing we have to worry about, im sure we will have a blast. Just getting this thing booked with 23 family members has been a challenge to say the least...

thanks

Archived