taxi in Roatan

montrealmaria

Hi,

Is it safe for my senior parents to get a taxi in Roatan and just ask to be brought to a beach somewhere along West Bay? Stay on the beach for 2-3 hours and then hop back on a taxi and go back to the ship? How much will can taxi cab be? I've gotten a quote from Victor Bodden for personalized trip for $40 each adult just to take them to the beach and back for that time span. I find that a little expensive. He is asking a little more than what the ship is asking for for that excursion. So I am wondering if it is safe for them to venture out on their own with a cab. They are sailing with Carnival Legend in May.

Also, they will want to buy some t-shirts for their grand children, are souvenir vendors available in Roatan near the ship?

Thanks,

Maria

Check out the fins and flippers thread above, I think it is by far the best price of any "beach break" I've been on. As you will see in the othger thread there are plenty of places to do a little shopping. I felt very safe last week!

• 2 weeks later...

We contacted Cynthia and Diana and got a better price than with Victor (but we were a larger group).

With the better price and a driver at our disposal for the day I (and my entire family agree) it was the best tour of our cruise! We were on the Legend last week.

I really liked the flexibility of having the driver at our disposal (we have little children). We mainly wanted to just go to the beach but I'm so glad we did a little touring around to get a feel for the island first.....even stopped at the iguana farm which the kids LOVED!

Then we went to West End Beach....wow, beautiful!!! Janet our driver dropped us off and went to park the van (parking was pretty bad)....then she came and just waited at the beach (a short distance away) until we were ready to leave and drove us back to the ship.

Wish we could visit Roatan again for longer - and when/if we do I'll call Cynthia and Diana immediately to arrange transportation!

Judy

Archived