Liquor Store near San Pedro Pier

Hello-Kitty

thanks very much, i did some research too and found a tone of them with in 2 miles and also called to see which ones were open late, i wot be getting into CA until 10pm.

Cheers!

So would you mind paying it forward (or paying it back) and sharing the information here on the boards?:confused:

You might help some other Cruise Critics out with your info?;)

So would you mind paying it forward (or paying it back) and sharing the information here on the boards?:confused:

You might help some other Cruise Critics out with your info?;)

here is some info that i found for liquor stores near the Crown Plaza in San Pedro and what is open late for late arrivals

Gaffey Liquor and Deli

1625 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA

(310) 833-8211 ( 1.27 miles )

Scheffler Liquor

230 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA

(310) 831-8722 (.92 miles) open to midnight sat

Vista Liquors

625 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA

(310) 833-0628 (.74 miles) open until midnight sat

Coolwater Fine Wine & Spirits

1110 N Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA

(310) 514-3520 (1.69 miles)

Cabrillo Wine & Beer

1317 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA

(310) 547-4447 ( 1.09) miles open until 11 pm

Stanley's Liquor & Jr MKT.

1803 S Pacific Ave, San Pedro, CA

(310) 833-8381 (1.13 miles)

I buy most of my wine at Von's, a Southern California supermarket. There's one on Gaffey at 12th or 13th St, not too far from the CP. Von's also stocks a good selection of hard liquor and beer.

One word of caution: I do NOT recommend walking to Von's or any other store that you've listed at the hour you will likely arrive in San Pedro, as there is still an "unsavory" element that you wouldn't want to run into the night before your cruise. If you're going to have a rental car, there's a Ralph's supermarket on Sepulveda about a mile south of LAX where you can find the same impressive array of beverages, and I personally would feel a lot more comfortable in that parking lot late at night.

The Vons on Gaffey is really NOT within walking distance to the CP whether it is night or day. If you are going to go to any of the stores you mentioned go to Coolwater's. They are the only ones on that list that has a decent wine selection. But, they are not within walking distance either. If you are buying wine look at our website (www.*****). If you'd like to purchase beforehand we will deliver it to the CP so it will be waiting for you when you get in. Wine only though...no spirits.

The Vons on Gaffey is really NOT within walking distance to the CP whether it is night or day. If you are going to go to any of the stores you mentioned go to Coolwater's. They are the only ones on that list that has a decent wine selection. But, they are not within walking distance either. If you are buying wine look at our website (www.*****). If you'd like to purchase beforehand we will deliver it to the CP so it will be waiting for you when you get in. Wine only though...no spirits.

Beer as well or just wine?

Great thread.

We will be staying at the Doubletree (or we are thinking about that). We will be there during the day, if we do not rent a car is it safe to walk to any of those stores that Hello-Kitty posted?

Offthevine, Do you deliver to the Doubletree? Pervious poster asked about beer? Do you have beer as well as wine? We might try to stop by your place though but in case if that is not an option thought I would ask the questions.

I do believe Off the Vine will deliver to the Doubletree. However, no walking from the Doubletree to any of the shops mentioned previously. The hotel is in a lovely small boat marina so it is somewhat isolated. However, the DT has a free shuttle service to local establishments, including Off the Vine, other stores and restaurants, and of course the cruise terminal. Check with the concierge.

I don't believe that I said Von's was within walking distance. I was just saying that I like the selection of wines there. But I'm going to visit Off the Vine one of these days, because it sounds intriguing!:)

I buy most of my wine at Von's, a Southern California supermarket. There's one on Gaffey at 12th or 13th St, not too far from the CP. Von's also stocks a good selection of hard liquor and beer.

One word of caution: I do NOT recommend walking to Von's or any other store that you've listed at the hour you will likely arrive in San Pedro, as there is still an "unsavory" element that you wouldn't want to run into the night before your cruise. If you're going to have a rental car, there's a Ralph's supermarket on Sepulveda about a mile south of LAX where you can find the same impressive array of beverages, and I personally would feel a lot more comfortable in that parking lot late at night.

No prob. The above gave me the impression you were saying the only reason not to go to that Von's was the time of day..not walking distance. Stop in and see us sometime. Are you close by?

Within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza, for liquor, beer, and wine. Just ask the bellman for directions.

SEVEN 7 DAYS

312 W 7th St

For wine and beer. I think weekends only.

Pina Vella Vineyard Co

342 W 8th St

There is a great place for breakfast or lunch on Pacific. The only problem is I forgot the name. It was something like San Pedro Cafe. It's on the west side of the street, sort of across from 'Off the Vine'. Maybe they would know the name. It's a locals place I found when shopping for flowers for the ladies. Flower shop two doors down.

Within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza, for liquor, beer, and wine. Just ask the bellman for directions.

SEVEN 7 DAYS

312 W 7th St

For wine and beer. I think weekends only.

Pina Vella Vineyard Co

342 W 8th St

There is a great place for breakfast or lunch on Pacific. The only problem is I forgot the name. It was something like San Pedro Cafe. It's on the west side of the street, sort of across from 'Off the Vine'. Maybe they would know the name. It's a locals place I found when shopping for flowers for the ladies. Flower shop two doors down.

It is the San Pedro Cafe. Great food. Another breakfast option closer to the CP is Nosh on Centre street between 6th and 7th.

We are stahing at the Grand Californian for a couple of nights before our Disney Panama cuise and also are wondering where we may pick up a couple of bottles of wine to take with us. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Brenda

We are stahing at the Grand Californian for a couple of nights before our Disney Panama cuise and also are wondering where we may pick up a couple of bottles of wine to take with us. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Brenda

Off The Vine has Off the Vine in San Pedro.

https://www.*****/

Archived