Island/Coral Balcony Dividers

pshaze

I've been trying all day to do a search but it has been down :mad:

Does anyone know if the Balcony dividers can be opened between the Rooms D710, D712, and D714 on the Island/Coral? These room are on the Dolphin Deck. I've looked at the pictures but it is hard to tell. Thanks for your responses.

For information the "Search this forum" does work. Not the one on the top of the page. it is the one right below the page numbers. Also there is an Announcement above the threads that explain what is working.

marilyn

The ones that I have noticed that can not be open are where the fire door is in the hallway. The balconies for the cabins on both sides that I have been in did not have a door between them. Due to where you cabins are I don't think this would be an issue.

They should open where the dividers connect to the ship, it's a narrow doorway.

Have you seen Tom O's site?

If you look at the Bump Out pictures you will see how the doorway's open in the dividers.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Dianne

Yes I did see his site but I also read a review from someone who had a room on the Dolphin deck, on the Island, and they were not able to open the dividers. I think she had room D505.

For information the "Search this forum" does work. Not the one on the top of the page. it is the one right below the page numbers. Also there is an Announcement above the threads that explain what is working.

marilyn

OK Sorry, my Bad, must have missed it. I usually don't have a problem with the one at the top of the thread.

Hmmmmm, Pam I'm still not getting the search to work, even following the directions.:( How about you?

Dianne

LOL, Actually I was doing it right the first time around ;). (Figured that out after I read the Announcement :o ) Unfortunately no matter how many times I tried before I posted, I kept getting an error message. Must be the language I am using....

LOL, Actually I was doing it right the first time around ;). (Figured that out after I read the Announcement :o ) Unfortunately no matter how many times I tried before I posted, I kept getting an error message. Must be the language I am using....

LOL I must be using the same language!:D

Dianne

Yes...there are doors between balconies for the whole aft section of dolphin deck (the covered portion). Farther forward there are fixed partitions between certain balconies. I researched this extensively before our Coral cruise last winter.

Thanks so much! Just what I wanted to hear!

They should open where the dividers connect to the ship, it's a narrow doorway.

Have you seen Tom O's site?

If you look at the Bump Out pictures you will see how the doorway's open in the dividers.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Dianne

Thanks for the link, Dianne. I had been considering one of those bump out end cabins, but after clearly seeing there is no privacy on the balcony I will have to continue my search.

On a side note, I see you are from my original neck of the woods. I miss the Bay Area dreadfully and can't wait to go back.

Theresa

Theresa, It's a small world isn't it! You would love it here today just a beautiful day. But you are in a lovely area now too, my DH's job took us to Pittsfield, MA for 3 years and I just fell in love with it! But this is home. Tell ya what, I'll give you this link to Web Cams for the area then you'll remember how bad the traffic is and how glad you are to be out of it!:D

http://www.sfgate.com/liveviews/

I'm pleased the link helped you TomO did a great job with it.

Theresa, One more coincidence we are getting off the Diamond as you are getting on next month!

Dianne

Theresa, It's a small world isn't it! You would love it here today just a beautiful day. But you are in a lovely area now too, my DH's job took us to Pittsfield, MA for 3 years and I just fell in love with it! But this is home. Tell ya what, I'll give you this link to Web Cams for the area then you'll remember how bad the traffic is and how glad you are to be out of it!:D

http://www.sfgate.com/liveviews/

I'm pleased the link helped you TomO did a great job with it.

Theresa, One more coincidence we are getting off the Diamond as you are getting on next month!

Dianne

Talk about a small world.........My DH and I are from Pittsfield, MA and we still refer to the Berkshires as home even though we've lived in Atlanta for a long time. We still have family there (MIL, SIL and sister) and we visit once or twice a year.

Geeez Pam, How funny is that! It's just a beautiful town, I felt so lucky to be there. Spent a lot of time at Hancock Shaker Village, Pontoosuc Lake....weekends there was always something fun to do or see! And the Falls! OMG we get a little color change in California (very little) but nothing like that!

Yup!! Small world!

Dianne

Are there dividers that open on the Emerald deck in the aft portion of the ship? We're thinking portside.

Cstorm we were in E703 (Starboard side) last April and they opened. Balconies are great! Just a little larger and fully covered!

Dianne

Cstorm we were in E703 (Starboard side) last April and they opened. Balconies are great! Just a little larger and fully covered!

Dianne

Thanks Dianne! That's exactly what I wanted to hear ;) .

I've been trying all day to do a search but it has been down :mad:

Does anyone know if the Balcony dividers can be opened between the Rooms D710, D712, and D714 on the Island/Coral? These room are on the Dolphin Deck. I've looked at the pictures but it is hard to tell. Thanks for your responses.

We had D706, D708, and D710 balcony dividers open during our cruise. Had room on each balcony for table, 6 chairs, cocktails, and hors d'oeuvres! Each day one of us would host our own sailaway! What a treat!

We had D706' date=' D708, and D710 balcony dividers open during our cruise. Had room on each balcony for table, 6 chairs, cocktails, and hors d'oeuvres! Each day one of us would host our own sailaway! What a treat![/quote']

Awesome information! Did the person in D706 have any problems being on the extended hall corner?

Awesome information! Did the person in D706 have any problems being on the extended hall corner?
my kids were in this cabin last january, and we thought it was an excellent location. Very quiet (less noise here than outside VS D704 where DW and I stayed).

Actually, that was our cabin. Problems? No. About 1/2 way through the voyage finally remembered it was around the last turn. You know, you're walking the halls, chatting with friends, not paying attention, make the last turn, and miss the room.

Archived