Island Intensive Cruise, Who Wants In?????

jlane

Help us name our Group Cruise on the Victory 3/22/09? Banners to follow!  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Help us name our Group Cruise on the Victory 3/22/09? Banners to follow!

• Wings of Victory
    • Victorious Villians
    • Victory Vagabonds
    • Victory Voyagers
    • Pirates of the Southern Caribbean
    • Conquering 7 Islands in 7 Days
    • Victory Island Pirates (VIPs)
    • Victory Virgin Vagabonds (3VPs)
    • WOW, the list is endless, but voice your opinion...

I'm going to wait to see prices before I make a final decision and then I'll vote :)

Same here.

The conquering 7 isles in 7 days i ddin't necessarily mean as a group name. More something to add to whatever name we pick if desired.

OK, the group cruise has been confirmed and as the group leader I've booked my cruise (needed to do that so that CruiseCritic can consider us "official" and set-up links to pricing site, etc).

As a group cruise, there are some amenities that include the $100 on-board credit, the champagne & chocolates, and a shared cocktail party (whether or not "free" drinks are included is still a topic that I need confirmation on).

As the group leader, I'll plan and offer to those who want to participate in the following:

• a hotel group rate (for those who come in early into San Juan),
  • a pre-cruise party in San Juan,
  • a pre-cruise excursion to San Juan's bio-bay,
  • a sail-away party after the muster drill,
  • a cabin-crawl, and
  • the shared cocktail party.

Can it get any better??? YES IT CAN... :D

We'll get our roll-call started ASAP. Once I get the links from the CruiseCritic manager, we'll be saying goodbye :( to this thread and I'll start a new one on this same major thread (Carnival Cruise Lines).... I will share the link HERE however.

AND, hopefully, we'll have our official group name... so even if you are just thinking about joining... voice your opinion on the poll (I need to create a banner.... heck, I need to figure out how to do this).

OK, the pricing question...

I think I'm supposed to send you to the link (which as of today-4/15-I don't yet have this information), but I think as long as I don't yet mention the TA that will be working with us, I should be OK. But, you'll need to go to that link to get the information to book your cruise. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the CC manager gets the link set-up by tomorrow.

Confirming the itinerary on Carnival Victory:

Sailing Sunday, March 22nd 2009

Sunday: Leave San Juan, 10pm

Monday: St Thomas, 7am-5pm

Tuesday: Dominica, 10am-6pm

Wednesday: Barbados, 8am-5pm

Thursday: St Lucia, 8am-5pm

Friday: Antigua, 8am-6pm

Saturday: St Kitts, 7am-4pm

Sunday: San Juan, 7am

A reduced deposit of $25 per person is available for double occupancy, guarantee cabins until May 8, 2008. For all single, triple, quad, cabin assignments and suites require full deposit of $300 per person. Second deposit for those who booked at the reduced rate is due September 26, 2008 and the final payment for the group is due December 4, 2008. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

Inside 4A $585 per person

Ocean view 6A $705 per person

Balcony 8A $859 per person

Suite 11 $1,425 per person

Single 1A $870

Triples and Quads (SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME)

Inside 4A $440 per person

Ocean view 6A $470 per person

Balcony 8A $500 per person

Suite 11 $570 per person

Amenities

$100 ship board credit per cabin

Champagne and chocolates per cabin

(And shared cocktail party...in discussion)

Keep the conversation going here until we officially start the new thread...

Jodie...

Southern Caribbean here I come!!! :cool:

Jodie,

Thanks for the info. Question....does the pricing include taxes, port charges and the fuel supplement charges?

Diane

Diane great question...

YES, the prices include taxes, port & fuel charges

Thanks Jodie! It looks great :D

I'm sure you can post the TA - seen it done many times for CC groups. I think the rules apply to promoting TA's.

OK... I'll go with that advice...

Contact Johna at Crucon (who by the way is awesome) at 800-493-6609 or email her at johnan@crucon.com. I've worked with her in the past and I do love her responsiveness. In fact, she asked me to share with you that if the in-flow of requests are high, she does try to get back to everyone in the same day... BUT if you haven't heard back in 2 days... let me know. I can help you too.

Jodie

p.s. Let's get this partae started!!! :cool:

Thanks Jodie....we all knew who the TA was anyway - right ;)

I did some quick checking and the pricing is awesome. I'm definitely booking and I look forward to all the upcoming chatter about this cruise :D

I will be coming in the day of the cruise so no hotel needed!

Thanks Jodie....we all knew who the TA was anyway - right ;)

I did some quick checking and the pricing is awesome. I'm definitely booking and I look forward to all the upcoming chatter about this cruise :D

I will be coming in the day of the cruise so no hotel needed!

Great news Linda, welcome aboard and let's get the chatter going.

p.s. vote on that group name!!!

Great news Linda, welcome aboard and let's get the chatter going.

p.s. vote on that group name!!!

I'll be doing lots of chatting! I haven't been to most of these ports :D

Now about that group name....hmmmmm which one to choose.

We are official and I'll soon have all info posted with a reference to the links tonight.

So VOTE NOW for our group name, so that we can get our banner going too!

Jodie

Should have had a poll of, "Not interested... prefer Sea Days over Ports.

VentureMan what can I say... this itinerary has no sea days, but does offer some awesome ports of call.

I, too, enjoy sea days... IF the boat ain't rocking with 15 foot waves :eek: .

Back in 2005, we sailed on the Destiny out of San Juan. We came in a day early and hooked up with a tour guide that we found on CC.

Our guide took us to the Fajardo bay. We had to kayak into the bay from the ocean shore. Our tour guide was "licensed" to enter the bay and he was very eco-friendly (like coral reefs, this too is a fragile system).

Basically, in the water there are mico-organisms that illuminate as they are touched. I am not a night time swimmer, but when I saw the beauty, I got into the water to experience this blue illumination everywhere.

Here's a link explaining more: http://www.interhabit.com/san_juan/bioluminescent_bay_in_fajardo_740-51219-203-9-44.htm

WOW! I would go just for that! Do you know if divers can go?

Sounds tooooooooooo coooooooooool:)

WOW! I would go just for that! Do you know if divers can go?

Sounds tooooooooooo coooooooooool:)

Leslie,

I'm not a diver, so I'm not sure what you might see in the dark underwater (does sound intriguing), but I know that the system is fragile and we were told not to touch bottom.

It was a cool experience. As the fish would swim past you, the microbes illuminated... they illuminate with any motion that touches them...people, fish, our kayak oars.

Jodie

• 2 weeks later...
Is this still a go or no go? Went to the link ... and it said it didn't exist.

Hi Connie,

Yes, after getting the go-ahead from the CruiseCritic Manager, and after getting all of the info on the boards, the thread was somehow blown away by some computer glitch. I've recreated it and this is where the info on the cruise can be found:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=532

Basically, it is a go for this itinerary. I'm hoping you'll join me and be the first to book (again ;) ). I need your help getting the enthusiasm sparked... I haven't had much time to hit the boards... work has been crazy!!!

Let me know if you're a go... and let's get the roll-call discussion going on the Carnival Cruise Lines site.

Thanks, Jodie

still haven't booked as I've realized the finances are catching up with me (and the credit card numbers are looking scary). I'm hoping to also get a friend to go with, I'd likely book 2nd person TBA. So everything is precariously balanced right now...

Archived