QM2 - from Brooklyn to La Guardia

LuvBNatC

I apologize if this question has been asked before. I just tried to search the board and got a "search is down" message.

Can someone please let me know if Cunard offers any transportation from the Brooklyn pier to La Guardia Airport at the end of cruises? If not, are taxis easy to get? Thanks. :)

I apologize if this question has been asked before. I just tried to search the board and got a "search is down" message.

Can someone please let me know if Cunard offers any transportation from the Brooklyn pier to La Guardia Airport at the end of cruises? If not, are taxis easy to get? Thanks. :)

Call your travel agent or Cunard and ask about "transfers". I believe its $40 per person.

By far the most convenient way to go is by hired car. Taxis are small, smelly and do not hold luggage for more than one person.

Call Metroline. 718-388-1111 They will be at the terminal in 15 mins and have large SUV's to handle all your luggage. They are lovely cars and good drivers. Better than a taxi by far. You do not need reservations.

I would not use Cunard transfers simply because it takes more time and you are still dealing with crowds and waiting for other people. After the cruse it is sheer luxury to make one call and find the driver waiting at the curb after you collect your luggage.

The cost? $40.00 for an SUV to anywhere in NYC. Far cheaper than a taxi. No, I'm not a paid spokesman...just a very happy customer. I got their name from a cruise fiend in NYC

Paul

Paul - thanks for the good tip. May I ask another question of your knowledge. I am on the Memorial Day return to NYC early 5/27. Decided to take a late plane that leaves LaGuardia about 3:45 - in hopes that my friend (who has never been to NYC) could see a few sites. Are you aware of any services that could do a short tour before taking us to the airport? I'm not sure what to do with the luggage if we tried a group thing. Thanks much.

Metroline will certainly give you a driving tour of NYC if you ask them. I don't know how much it is, but if it's another $40.00 or even more, it is a good deal. those double decker tourist buses are about $35.00 per person and will only stop at certain places.

The metroline drivers are usually very proud of their city. English is their second language, for the most part, but they know their way around the city. If you tell the driver what you would like to see - ground zero, empire state building, Rockefeller Center, St. Pat's, all the big stuff, they will take you there and let you get out. Pretend they are your private limousine service...which they are.

Also, New Yorkers are very friendly and like to share their city. Don't be afraid to ask questions. They will be helpful.

Paul

Archived