Carnival Circle C Question

JenniGail

I hope this isn't too confusing or odd... This is our first cruise where DD is old enough to 'check herself out' of the Camp Carnival program, however we have decided as parents that we really don't want her to be able to. She is very responsible, but there are too many things that can happen that are out of her control... Obviously, I am telling her not to check herself out, but I didn't know if the Circle C program was liberal to a point where they kind of let them come and go. Does anyone know how the program is structured in that regard, and if they are more open about it, can I make a special request to only have her checked out with me and DH?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much!

Jen:)

If I remember correctly from when our DS was old enough to check himself out, they (the Camp Carnival staff) told us that we couldn't prevent it. In fact, the first night he checked himself out and got distracted by the show, and didn't get back to the cabin. I was COMPLETELY freaking out.

Goes to show, though, how good the security team is. DH contacted the desk, they started printing out his picture (from when we boarded), and put out a call. Pete (DH) said that security staff (uniformed and not) came out of the woodwork. We had a call within ten minutes that he had been found in the entry to the theatre.

Needless to say, we read him the riot act and threatened him with spending the rest of the cruise with us if he EVER did that again. By the time I calmed down the cruise was half over. Only kidding, but he did scare me half to death. I had visions of some nutcase chucking him over the railing.

Luckily, he obeyed us and stayed with the CC group when he was with them.

But I am pretty sure that the CC staff told him that we couldn't prevent him from checking himself out.

I just looked at the Circle C capers and it looks like the kids come and go as they please. Some of their activities are actually "unsupervised". So for the 9-11 year old group you have a choice. With the 12-14 Circle C, that choice is gone. The kids can come and go as they please.

So you'll have to discuss it with her and set some rules. :)

Thanks for the quick replies!

IBoz- that's exactly the kind of scenario that I want to avoid~ thanks for the reassurances in Carnival's security team though, it's comforting to know!

Thanks again!

Jen:D

Now I must preface this statement with the words...I am the world's most overprotective mother.

That being said...we did not allow our boys to check themselves out of Camp Carnival (it was not called Circle C yet....this was years ago).

But it was an understanding between our boys and us from day one. They were simply told "you can't do it".

This will be our first cruise with the children & we'll have one in the 9-11, one in the 12-14 & one that is 17. We are traveling with my cousin & his children who are also 9 & 12 and my neice who will be 18. Anyway, I am glad to read that security took it seriously & hope that I won't have to experience firsthand.

Towanda

Archived