Reassurance, please.

Just received the final documents for our cruise.

Just a "first timer" observation: The paper document holders were somewhat tattered and and I'm somewhat unimpressed with the whole package in comparison to other document packages we've received.

Seems like the whole presentation could be a little better.

As Mrs. Jack says....."I hope the caviar is of a better quality than the document package.":eek: :) Jack

A can assure you that the document package should not be "tattered" at all. There should be a nice "wallet" with leather luggage tags and a small spiral bound cruise document, all inside a black embroidered pouch.

I, personally liked the older format when the documents were presented in a box, but it is a huge waste of postage and materials. But that is me and many guests prefer the present format.

I am confident that the cruise documents will change again. They usually do after a few years.

Just received the final documents for our cruise.

Just a "first timer" observation: The paper document holders were somewhat tattered and and I'm somewhat unimpressed with the whole package in comparison to other document packages we've received.

Seems like the whole presentation could be a little better.

As Mrs. Jack says....."I hope the caviar is of a better quality than the document package.":eek: :) Jack

Did you receive the "final" documents, or the shore excursion book etc. that arrives 6 weeks before departure? I agree with Eric, final docs come in a nice case with leather luggage tags etc..

Host Dan

Dan, as you know the Pre-Cruise Documents is merely an 8.5 x 11 booklet with no holder of any sort.

I have heard of some unscrupulous agencies actually stealing the Seabourn wallets, luggage tags, etc. Whether it is to save postage or for travel agent's personal use I do not know. What I do know is that the guest is paying for the full package and the travel agent is earning a commission to provide it to the guest, so there is no excuse for it not being presented and presented properly. (I use cushioned envelopes, for example, to make sure they arrive in tip-top shape. Cost $0.30...not a fortune by any measure.)

I am sure Seabourn would not be happy to hear some TAs remove the wallets but it is a fact. Another fact is the current presentation does not compare to the previous one in the black box with the Tumi wallet and luggage tags, but I am sure is considerably cheaper. At this point though I have so many of each it really doesn't matter. As long as I can get on the ship who cares what the ticket comes in!!!!!

While shipping out those presentation boxes was more expensive...and I did like the Tumi wallets much better...you would be suprised how many like the present version better. (I, personally, liked the blue luggage tags with the brass plaques w/logo best of all...but that goes back a few years!)

I don't think Seabourn is going to give guests a choice of cruise documents, but rather will change them up yet again. And yet again some will like the new ones and others will miss the old ones.

Oh, such problems.:D

With 6 months and 20 days to go (but who's counting?), I'll be happy to receive the documents in any format Seabourn sees fit;) .

I hope the luggage tags are lighter than those we received from Crystal. They are so heavy as to be unusable for we luggage weight conscious antipodeans.

Steve.

Everything seems intact................now. Nice. Jack :)

So are you saying you didn't get it all at first? I guess I don't understand.

I am with Eric, I like the older blue document holder, it had a great change purse and was pliable. The Tumi ones were useless, IMHO, and the latest ones, even worse. I like the Cunard envelope. But I only have one of those.

Carnival uses paper docs anad eticktes, so one doesn't get anything. That works for me, although printing the luggage tags was not so convenient.

Personally, I don't find the Tumi wallets useless at all. I use one now for every trip. They are well made, handsome and have compartments for everything I need. It's the current ones I don't like as they feel cheap. I do agree the blue ones were nice too.

So Jack - did you get the leather document holder or not? We are on the same cruise as you and our beautiful leather document holder came encased in a black Seabourn crested felt bag. Inside, as stated, is a great black leather document "wallet" containing four leather bag tags and the other associated cruise documents. A nice presentation we thought.:)

Once upon a time in a faraway place filled with relaxation, good music, lovely food and drink and calm lived a beautiful princess.

This princess was kind, gentle, educated and posessed excellent people skills.

With her, lived a handsome price (ahem) who catered to most of her needs, wants and whims for many years. The prince and princess flourished in a world of understanding, compassion, compromise and love.

Then one lovely day an ugly green frog invaded their castle. This frog reeked havoc throughout. Nothing, absolutely nothing, the prince did would rid the property of this green menace.

After much soul searching, contemplation and anxiety the prince finally arrived at the conclusion the princess must be allergic to this green amphibian.

After all, the frog was turning his princess into a form he did not recognize.

One night, the prince set a trap for his nemesis. Around midnight, he observed the frog taking the bait. WHAM !!! The prince was sucessful!

The prince throttled the green plague by his throat......... "WHAT'S YOUR NAME?" the prince demanded.

"Meno" croaked the frog.

"I DEMAND........WHAT'S YOUR FULL NAME" bellowed the prince!

After a while there was a long pause........................................

Archived