Cheapest but best way to get to Port Canaveral from Orlando airport?

Considering a 4 night Bahama cruise for the family in late August. It leaves out of Port Canaveral. What is the least expensive but reliabel way to get from the airport to Port Canaveral? It would be 4 people, so price is a huge concern.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shara

Thanks a bunch. I saw that this topic was also being discussed on the Carnival board. Makes renting the car seem more practical. I have an Entertainment Book coupon; I'm wondering if that will be of any value. I'll check it out :D

Thanks again,

Shara

I rented a car from Thrifty for $29 for the day including all taxes. It's a super easy drive. Thrifty will shuttle you back and forth as well.

Hi , I did Enterprise in Nov. 2007. It was less than $40, BUT they were not open on Sunday (I knew this a head of time) SO carefully check out the business hours in Port Canaveral. Mic.

I didn't realize Enterprise was not open on Sundays. That's good know since we haven't made a decision on which cruise to take yet, and have no real set day of the week for returning to port.

Thanks a bunch!!

Shara

Considering a 4 night Bahama cruise for the family in late August. It leaves out of Port Canaveral. What is the least expensive but reliabel way to get from the airport to Port Canaveral? It would be 4 people, so price is a huge concern.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shara

We had the same trip planned last December, but canceled and did a Hawaii trip instead. We discovered that renting a car from Orlando airport and then dropping it off at Port Canaveral was the least expensive and hassle. At that time, there was no drop off fee. We may have used an Entertainment coupon too. Also, if you book a room at Comfort Suites on Paradise Island, it gives you free access to Atlantis, even though you don't spend the night in the rooms. There was also a large discount through this link if you're interested in doing that:

http://www.smartertravel.com/discounts/Save-Quality-Comfort-Clarion.html?id=16348

When my wife and I flew to New Orleans back in August, there was a Carnival shuttle service from the airport. It was $52, but it was round trip and it was nice that they took care of loading and unloading your luggage without expecting a tip. It was a very hassle-free experience, and I'd like to do the same thing agian. However, I know Orlando isn't as close to Port Canaveral as the New Orleans airport was to that port, so I wonder how much more they would charge? Does anybody know? Does Carnival even offer shuttle service from Orlando to Canaveral?(I'm thinking surely they do)

Perhaps I'm wrong, but our travel agent mentioned that the cruises do the transfers if you book airfare through the cruise line. If they don't, here's a list of all companies and car rental agencies that service Port Canaveral

CCL does the transfers for a price. It's all included if you do the fly aweigh program but you are paying for the service. I want to say it is $ 35 pp but I am not sure.

Found this on the Carnival website

Cost of Transfers:

Orlando International Airport to Port Canaveral One Way: $35.00 Round Trip: $70.00

I'm sure that's per person, so it would cost us $140. That's a bit steep. I guess we'll be renting a car....

[edit] Wait a second.....it only cost $52 round trip for BOTH of us in August when we sailed out of New Orleans. For New Orleans, the Carnival website says $23.00 one way / $46 round trip. I sent Carnival a question about this to see if that price is good for up to two people, because if not, then the prices have skyrocketed almost 78% in a 9 month period.

Welp, unless I'm missing something (I searched Enterprise, Avis, Hertz, Budget, Dollar, and Thrifty), it looks like the maximum we'd save by renting a car would be $30....and that's not considering the 2 gallons of gas we'd have to buy and put back in it both ways.

Shoot, it's worth $30 to just do it through Carnival IMO and not have to worry or bother with anything. I guess we'll be shelling out the 140 bucks.

Go to the "I Work in Port Canaveral" thread on the East Coast Departures subforum, Florida Departures.

All the info you could possibly need about cruising from Port C. It's a very long thread, but I recommend at least taking a little time to peruse the latest pages to prevent the locals from having to repeat, yet again, all their great info.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm renting a car from Dollar for around $43.00 each way. It was cheaper than a shuttle or taxi for two people, and I can stop and pick up things I forget on the way. On the return I have the same deal. With the ship getting in and offloaded by 11:00, will pick up another car and go see family in Orlando before 8:00pm flight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shara

If you rent a car just make sure you have cash for the tolls on the beachline expressway (SR 528 east)........not much just a couple three dollars will cover it

Archived