Houston Hotel Suggestions Needed!

ESR24

We've decided to stay the night after our cruise in Houston. We'll be flying out of IAH on Monday at noon.

We're looking for a nice hotel (4 adults, 1 kid) but nothing fancy. We are thinking of catching the Astros game that Sunday afternoon so something near there as well as some restaurants would be great.

Thanks!

There are several hotels downtown that usually have some pretty good weekend rates. The ballpark is in downtown...on the South side of downtown. Check out the Doubletree in downtown Houston. There's also a Hilton close to the ballpark but it may cost a little more.

Also try Inn at the Ballpark. It is right across the street from Minute Maid Park. If I were flying out of IAH at noon I would not stay in the Nasa/Clear Lake area as it is far from IAH. Also I would not stay in the Greenspoint area as this area is not as safe.

For some reason my previous post cut off part-way through the response.

I was suggesting this area only if you were not wanting to stay downtown where the rates, even for week-ends, are sometimes pricey. There is, as I tried to mention in the earlier post, lots to do in this area. Such as the Kemah Boardwalk (www.kemahboardwalk.com) and the Johnson Space Center. Just wanted to provide other options for your time here.

Also try Inn at the Ballpark. It is right across the street from Minute Maid Park. If I were flying out of IAH at noon I would not stay in the Nasa/Clear Lake area as it is far from IAH. Also I would not stay in the Greenspoint area as this area is not as safe.

I agree...downtown is only about 20 minutes from IAH. The rates are actually pretty decent on the weekends. There are several restaurants in the downtown area. If you've got kids the Aquarium Restaurant is really fun...kind of a carnival atmosphere. It's owned by the same people that run the Kemah boardwalk and many of those restaurants down there.

Archived