Pre Cruise Package Rome

vanrhyn

Hello:

I am booked on a 20 day cruise on the Noordam out of Rome in 2009.

I am going to be taking a 4 day pre cruise tour package.

Has anyone done this pacakge in the past?

If so I would like to know which hotels in Rome that they use, for planning purposes. I would like to be able to know where I would be staying (in a general area)

I am aware that they haven't finalized things yet, but I figure that placed used in the past will be used again unless there was big trouble or issues.

Rod

HAL usually uses the Grand Parco Dei Principi 2007 rates (US $519) and the Visconti Palace ($389) in Rome. Last year they also used the Sheraton Parco de Medici Golf. Remember HAL hotel rates are per person, not per room, but transfers and gratuities are included. The 4 day package rates in 2007 were $1499 pp US.

I imagine that our US dollar is taking a bigger hit this year and next than it was in 2007.

GN

HAL usually uses the Grand Parco Dei Principi 2007 rates (US $519) and the Visconti Palace ($389) in Rome. Last year they also used the Sheraton Parco de Medici Golf. Remember HAL hotel rates are per person, not per room, but transfers and gratuities are included. The 4 day package rates in 2007 were $1499 pp US.

I imagine that our US dollar is taking a bigger hit this year and next than it was in 2007.

GN

Thanks for the info! I know that they are per person, and I am considering this option to see Rome.

I won't be able to do any firm planning until 2 things happen. 1) the airlines relase their schedules for September 2009 and Holland America relases thier package info for 2009.

Rod

We took that package in 2006 and really enjoyed it.

It was nice being met at the airport by the driver and taken directly to our hotel, which was the Visconti Palace, a modern, clean and comfortable hotel. It is located west of the Tiber River, in a nice neighborhood. It was an easy walk to the Castle St. Angelo and to St. Peters square/Vatican.

We especially liked having some free time to see Rome on our own, the day trip to Siena and San Gimignano (our favorite Tuscany town and the easy transfer to the ship.

Oh, and the trans-Atlantic cruise on the Noordam was pretty neat, too!

Hope this helps!

We did the pre-cruise package through HA and were very pleased. We were at Viscanti Palace...rooms were nice, large and very comfortable. Staff was fluent in English. On site, there was a Holland American representative to welcome us, help with dinner arrangements and any sightseeing we might want to arrange. Of course, having the transfers in Rome was a big plus! I knew from the start that we could have found someting "cheaper" but the "value" was what we were after and we felt we were given a good value for our money.

• 1 year later...

I hope I don't get into trouble for "bumping" but I am interest in hearing where Holland america put thier guest for this package this year. Could anyone who has taken this package or have confirmations let me know?

Thanks

Archived